Speaking of running skirts... (Read 1006 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In addition to my beloved New Balance Andare skirt (which appears to be out-of-stock/discontinued everywhere I look *cries*) I found these two sources: runningskirts.com skirtsports.com I'm kinda bummed that the NB one appears to be gone (I would have bought a black one if I had known it would disappear). I may have to try one of those other ones, instead. I have read positive reviews. I really like my skirt more than most of my shorts--there's nothing to bunch up between my thighs, which has always been an issue, even when I was a scrawny little thing in HS. I think it's more flattering, too, at least on my shape. Plus my hubby thinks they are dorky (yet I know he'd wear a Utilikilt if I bought him one, just because he lived in Scotland for a year and thinks kilts are cool), so I wear it just to spite him, LOL! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

oh Utilikilts are fantastic - I saw a whole passel of men scampering about in Utilikilts...they looked FANTASTIC Big grin I'd wear one, but I'm too "hippy" :P as in pear shaped and roundish in general. skirtsports ones are comfortable, and dont squeeze the middle. I've also been wearing various brand tennis skirts/skorts since I prefer skirts with compression shorts. I have one by Nike - and some by Head
      Walk + Jog = wog.
      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Which ones have you found with the compression shorts? I like that feature in my NB skirt and wonder if I would like the ones with briefs as much. k

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

SkirtSports Gym Girl has compression shorts - and they have a pocket to hold your ipod/mp3 player and a little slit to route your ipod earphones on out - since I have neither I will think of other things to stick in those pockets :P Like my key and an ID perhaps LOL though if I keep up with the running, esp outdoors, I'm going to want music. My nike also has compression shorts, as do the other tennis skirts. Be wary of the ones with a really short inseam - they will creep up and allow for chub rub. I have one skirt with too short of an inseam Sad
          Walk + Jog = wog.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

though if I keep up with the running, esp outdoors, I'm going to want music. My nike also has compression shorts, as do the other tennis skirts. Be wary of the ones with a really short inseam - they will creep up and allow for chub rub. I have one skirt with too short of an inseam Sad
            I have a new Nano on my Christmas list, already. I figure if I have it, then I HAVE to run this Winter, right? Otherwise DH will give me a hard time and all... Wink It's funny, the little compression shorts under my NB skirt does ride up a bit, but it doesn't bother me at all. Regular running shorts bunching up, now THAT bothers me. Which ones have you found have the longer inseams? Do you notice any difference in fit or function between "running" skirts and "tennis" skirts? I see a lot of cheap (cheap price, but brands like Nike and Adidas) tennis ones at TJMaxx and wonder if they'd work as well. k

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

Which ones have you found have the longer inseams? Do you notice any difference in fit or function between "running" skirts and "tennis" skirts? I see a lot of cheap (cheap price, but brands like Nike and Adidas) tennis ones at TJMaxx and wonder if they'd work as well.
              I think the one with the short inseam is an Adidas, but I'm not sure - the inseam on the shorts part is maybe 1.5" or so - so they barely cover the chafe region on my thighs without creeping up. It could also be because they didn't cut the shorts real well - they are a little roomy (even on my roundish-thighs!) and just won't stay in place. The creeping only bothers me because it allows for chub rub to occur. The skirt keeps everything nicely covered Smile The Nike one I have seems to stay in place nicely - the thing with tennis skirts is some of them aren't cut to handle a running stride as well - look for ones with side vents - otherwise the skirt will creep up just a touch - nothing indecent like running shorts creeping up, but enough to be a bit of an annoyance if you notice it.
              Walk + Jog = wog.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

the thing with tennis skirts is some of them aren't cut to handle a running stride as well - look for ones with side vents - otherwise the skirt will creep up just a touch - nothing indecent like running shorts creeping up, but enough to be a bit of an annoyance if you notice it.
                That's kind of what I was wondering. My NB skirt is sort of A-line, so it handles the stride well. I'm so mad that I didn't order that skirt in more colors, since it seems to be a bit cheaper than similar running skirts on the market. k

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

oh - the skirt with the short shorts inseam is a Fila. The shorts in em are also cut looser than anticipated which allow for extra creepage.
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, a loose inner-short would be a problem. k

~ Sarah Kay