Motivation (Read 769 times)

how about motivation to get up super early to run before work? what do you do to shrug off the sleepiness and get going?
    Give it a week to get accustomed to early morning running (you'll probably feel crappy the first few times while you adjust), but I bet after a week you won't want to miss running when you get to see the sun come up and its still dark. Early morning runs are the best! I have to switch to evening runs now with ROTC and school, but if I could go back to morning, I would. Motivate yourself with the fact that you can have your evenings after work totally free to do anything else. (and you get to see the sunrise Wink )

Fat runner

how about motivation to get up super early to run before work? what do you do to shrug off the sleepiness and get going?
      After i've been up 17 times during the night because the baby was crying i really have a hard time getting out of bed... ... so my wife just pushes me out of bed. I feel terrible until i close the front door behind me. Just think it'll only get better from this point on.
      Goals:
      Get weight down from 124kg to 100kg (currently 110kg)
      Survive 1st 10k: 7/09/08 1:01:36 - Second 10k 5/10/08 57:42
      Survive 1st HM: 26/10/08 2:06:04
      Must find new goals ...
      yellowrunning

This is exactly where I am! I'm looking for a partner that will help keep me accountable. I do much better when I know someone else dragged their butt out of bed to meet me! Smile I also try to get up early enough that I can lay back under the covers when I'm all finished and showered. Or at least that's what I tell myself when I'm getting up! Wink

A Saucy Wench

I tell myself "you arent going to fall back to sleep now anyway and if you dont get up and go NOW you are going to be a big slug all day long and feel like crap all day long." I know that I wake up best with a run. Most of the time I have a running partner too which helps. I picture her cold and alone in the dark (yes even in the middle of summer when it is light and 60 by 4 am I picture her in the dark, pouring shivering rain) predators waiting to pounce on every corner. Guilt works better for women though I think.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

redleaf

I like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA
            perfect thanks. MTA: I know that some people here look at logs. Whether they look at my log I am not sure but I know logs are looked at. I don't want someone looking at my log and saying "hmm she's slipping" - I know it's weird but it's enough for me. Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

About a year or so ago I read somewhere to just head out the door and run for 5 minutes. If you don't feel like running after the first 5 minutes, turn around and walk home. Haven't walked yet and some of my best runs have been when I've been sore or stiff or the weather has been bad. In the past I would have skipped the run but with the "I only have to go 5 minutes" philosophy I have managed to run on those days. I would recommend reading all of the answers to your post and developing something that enables you to stay motivated.
                perfect thanks. MTA: I know that some people here look at logs. Whether they look at my log I am not sure but I know logs are looked at. I don't want someone looking at my log and saying "hmm she's slipping" - I know it's weird but it's enough for me. Big grin
                LMAO - This is so true..

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Half Fanatic #846

When I don't feel like running, I promise myself "just one easy mile - after that, I can stop". So far I've always kept going... Big grin

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Menace to Sobriety

Same as above. I generally go early most days. Now that its my routine, its not so bad. My motivation is that its soooo much better to have it done and behind you, than to have it hanging over your head all day. Seems like something always comes up during the day to make it even harder to get it in later.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.