OWN Oprah and Lance-spoilers (Read 328 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

And I guess that he has, at last, shown that he has the ball to admit to it.

Lol, nice!

Though I wasn't paying that much attention at the time, the ferocity with which he attacked those who accused him of doping kind of seems now like a tell-tale sign, no?

Planet Money did a show on, I think it was the allegations in the USADA report, outlining what exactly was purported to have gone on behind the scenes.  It was fascinating, and a real eye-opener.  It was a heck of a lot more than Lance giving the teammates access to the drugs and doctors, there was a lot of real cloak-and-dagger stuff going on before and even during the Tours.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Fair comment... time will tell.

But, for me, it seems as if he's begun a redemptive path to right his many wrongs.

Sorry, Brian, but I don't believe this.  A person who lies can decide he was behaving badly and resolve to change, but a pathological liar doesn't suddenly shed that psychological disorder and become someone else.  LA is a barefaced liar who has a long history of ruthlessly attack ing anyone he perceives as an enemy.  As jimmyb said, the Oprah interview is just one more way he is trying to manipulate people for his own gain.

Let's look at the symptoms of "antisocial personality disorder," aka sociopaths (from the Mayo Clinic website).

• Disregard for right and wrong
        • Persistent lying or deceit
        • Using charm or wit to manipulate others
        • Recurring difficulties with the law
        • Repeatedly violating the rights of others
        • Child abuse or neglect
        • Intimidation of others
        • Aggressive or violent behavior
        • Lack of remorse about harming others
        • Impulsive behavior
        • Agitation
        • Poor or abusive relationships
        • Irresponsible work behavior

With the exception of "child abuse or neglect" - which, thank goodness, I don't think I've ever read about in relation to Lance - he seems to tick nearly all the other boxes.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

How does the saying go: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me a million times over 15 years, shame on me?  Something like that.

I believe this is how that saying goes...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Thats awesome.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

lagif

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

dennrunner

Post Oprah-1 Interview of Frankie Andreu

IMO, Frankie has a reasonable take on the interview so far.

Hopefully everyone is careful getting off their horse.  It appears to be quite a drop.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

dennrunner

Hopefully everyone is careful getting off their horse.  It appears to be quite a drop.

yep

Looks a little different now, no?

yeah...

I want to know what the Devil was on from 0:30 to 0:40 of that clip to be able to keep up with Lance.

for me, it seems as if he's begun a redemptive path to right his many wrongs.

He alluded to personal conversations with those that he's wronged and trying to right them.  He mentioned how far away those people are from forgiving him.  He blames nobody but himself.

One thing that didn't set right with me regarding the interview related to his comment about "not sitting here (doing the interview) if I didn't come back from retirement." (paraphrase theme, not quote...)  To me, that sounded like he was sorry he got caught and sorrry that he needs to right his wrongs rather than apologetic for his bad character and bullying.

he sounds like someone who wants something for himself.  redemption?  he doesn't have enough money left to pay for his financial impact on others.  has he returned all his ill gotten prize money, awards and medals?  no... that takes more than words.  and he's probably just interested in saying the words.  real actions are probably beyond him.

yeah...

I want to know what the Devil was on from 0:30 to 0:40 of that clip to be able to keep up with Lance.

on real steep hills, if you are running (and rested) going faster than someone on a bike isn't that hard.

Why is it sideways?

I hear you, but you know what, go back and read the first posts of the other thread. Sure, we're on our high horse or what have you. But you know what: we are -- and were -- right. Give the truth a day to enjoy itself, then we'll be done. The lies have had their day -- and it wasn't just one.

I agree.  He has hurt too many people.  He appears to have used his struggle against cancer to shield his illegal activity (I find this totally despicable), 

At least we now know for sure that it wasn't "all about the bike".

And I guess that he has, at last, shown that he has the ball to admit to it.

---  Now that is just wrong ! Big grin

---  There is alot of talk on this, but I think it can be summed up in a couple lines:  He spent years suing and destroying the lives of the folks that were honest about what he was doing.  For that, there is no redemption.  At least not in my mind.   That's it!

---  Looking to the positive, I congratulate everyone here who runs, bikes, and swims, even if much slower than the likes of Lance.    You know your times are yours, and were achieved HONORABLY!   -- Lance has nothing.  None of what he ever did matters now because it is all tainted.    -   My times might be slow as heck, but they are mine!  No doping here!  (Not even the ganja kind)...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞