I can has Garmin... (Read 1384 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ugh...it starts. I am already developing a tan line from my Garmin. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Anyone else have problems with the HR monitor? Mine seems to go crazy. Starts out ok, showing what I would think is the correct HR (160 -170). Then after that it drops to like 100 or less. It sometimes picks back up but not always. I am not running slower when it drops. I very seriously doubt that after 4 or 5 miles my HR would drop below what it did at my resting hr before the run, unless I passed out and died during the run. I have changed the battery and have made sure that the contacts are wet or that I have a worked up a sweat first. Any help would be great.
      kcam

Ugh...it starts. I am already developing a tan line from my Garmin. Tongue
        Can you see the part of your wrist that's TANNED where the strap has that hole - on the inside of your wrist in-line with your thumb? It's very clear on my wrist - a section of Tanned skin in the middle of the strip of untanned skin.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If you are brave enough to venture out in the sun without your Garmin, I recommend sunscreen for that area. Because it rarely sees the sun, it burns easily.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

kcam

I was Without Garmin yesterday. Initially, I had the shakes but I settled down and now have sunburn on my wrist.
            MikeB-BoR

Got mine delivered today, 3 days before I expected it! I should be running right now, but instead will run in the dark (and cold). I need to let it charge for 3 hours so I can try it out Big grin I wonder if I should read the manual first....nah.

Goals :
              •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

The Greatest of All Time

I am starting to have a minor problem with my Gremlin. First of all I have very narrow wrists for a man. My Gremlin is starting to irritate my ulnar head (bump in wrist on the pinky side) as the top right of the unit is hitting it. I have tried making the band tighter and keeping it higher up my lower forearm, but it always manages to slide down. Anyone else have this problem?
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Think Whirled Peas

I am starting to have a minor problem with my Gremlin. First of all I have very narrow wrists for a man. My Gremlin is starting to irritate my ulnar head (bump in wrist on the pinky side) as the top right of the unit is hitting it. I have tried making the band tighter and keeping it higher up my lower forearm, but it always manages to slide down. Anyone else have this problem?
                  Can you wear a thin sweat band underneath it?

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

The Greatest of All Time

Can you wear a thin sweat band underneath it?
                    Do you mean to make it tighter?

kcam

Heh,heh,heh - you said "my ulnar head" No, I don't have this problem. Maybe a bandaid on that, um, thing that you said?

Think Whirled Peas

Do you mean to make it tighter?
                        Sort of, I'm thinking it will provide a little protection from the sliding around that's causing the irritation. Plus, there'd be the ragin' cool, trend setting look to the whole thing, so you'd have that going for ya'! Wink

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

The Greatest of All Time

Heh,heh,heh - you said "my ulnar head" No, I don't have this problem. Maybe a bandaid on that, um, thing that you said?
                          Ha ha. It's not scratching or cutting my skin. It's just irritating the 'ulnar head' (bone) and it gets really annoying after about 30 minutes.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Marcus, I'm already annoyed by the way my Garmin flops around on my wrist once there's sweat underneath--and I don't want the contacts getting gunked-up or the speaker holes clogged with my filth. So I picked up a couple of sweatband things at Dick's Sporting Goods on sale yesterday. They are wicking microfiber, instead of the traditional cotton terry--Reebok makes them. Not cheap, but I got one black one and one white one, that way I should usually have one clean. I think my Garmin will fit much better strapped on atop one of these doohickies.

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, I'm already annoyed by the way my Garmin flops around on my wrist once there's sweat underneath--and I don't want the contacts getting gunked-up or the speaker holes clogged with my filth. So I picked up a couple of sweatband things at Dick's Sporting Goods on sale yesterday. They are wicking microfiber, instead of the traditional cotton terry--Reebok makes them. Not cheap, but I got one black one and one white one, that way I should usually have one clean. I think my Garmin will fit much better strapped on atop one of these doohickies.
                              Can you post me or point me to a pic of one of these "doohickies"?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here it is: click Apparently they are "for women." Not sure why that would be. I'd think they'd be just as useful for a guy. They don't come in pink, either. If you get one or two I won't tell anyone that you're wearing a girls' apparel item... Wink

~ Sarah Kay