5k times (Read 1492 times)

Why is it sideways?

first 5k road race: 18:06, 1992, age 15.
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

first 5k road race: 18:06, 1992, age 15.
      18:27, cross-country. Age 15, sophomore year in high school (I didn't do CC frosh year, but I did run track).
      We are not that different, you and I. But our paths as runners diverged long ago.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Why is it sideways?

We are not that different, you and I. But our paths as runners diverged long ago.
        There's an answer to the whole talent/work debate buried not too deep in this comment. And a pretty neat question about what the next 15 years or so will bring...
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

There's an answer to the whole talent/work debate buried not too deep in this comment.
          Heh. Indeed. Sophomore HS times. Hippie Jeff
          800m: 2:02 1600m: 4:40 3200m: 10:11 3 mile XC: 16:10
          Globule
          800m: 2:06 1600m: 4:45 3200m: 10:17 5k XC: 17:13
          I must get my calf healed. I have some running to do.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

mikeymike

Hmm... 800m: 2:03 Mile: 4:45 deuce: never ran 5k XC: never ran

Runners run

I don't remember. I was pretty young at the time.
              I was thinking the same thing. I was 15, that was 22 years ago, but I think the time was around 22 minutes. I want to say slightly over 22, but it could have been slightly under. My all-time best was 19:35. Now I average closer to 35:00 because I don't really train like I should and I am about 50 lbs overweight.
              dfffff

25-something in 9th grade. 'bout 10 minutes faster right now.
                  I ran my first 5K last year at age 53. I went out too fast and really suffered the last 2 miles. My finishing time was 22:57. I worked hard all summer and fall and managed to get my times into the low-mid 20's. My year ended prematurely when I had to have arthroscopic surgery to remove a meniscus tear that was preventing me from training.
                  JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Look up your age graded time (http://www.runbayou.com/Wavacalc.htm) ? That'd be more statistically valid. I ran my first 5k in 19:51 (age 32).
                    Checked my age corrected times. That's a cool calculator. I'm running better today at 53 (age corrected) than what I did over 15 years ago. A little surprising! On topic, my first 5k time (back in 1987) was 19:02. The Captain's Cup 5k in Reno, NV, with 100 runners I finished 45th. I still have the results sheet Smile Winner was Domingo Tibaduiza
                      1st: Oneonta 5K Fun Run 29:20 6/7/98 PR: Fall Foliage 5K: 24:28 10/20/02 2002 was my best year.
                      I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                        My one and only 5K race I ran a 21:06 but that was about 16 years ago :-) I laid off of any exercise for about that long (can you guess when we started having kids?) and balooned up to 254 lbs. Today I am down to about 207 and I am training for any run that comes my way but specifically for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon in April. Today I estimate I would finish a 5K in roughly 25:00.
                        Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
                          ... the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon in April. Today I estimate I would finish in roughly 25:00.
                          Look out, Haile!!

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Oops. I guess I needed to fix that. Heck, I couldn't DRIVE a marathon in 25:00. Thanks for "pointing out" my mistake. Sam
                            Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
                              1st 5K- 10/30/04: 38:00 (it wasn't chip timed, but I think it was around that. I had runners knee and was about to vomit, so I am not 100% sure of time)
                                duplicate.