Do I need a plan? (Read 1368 times)

Non ducor, duco.

My husband doesn't get why I love going to the Texas CHili Parlor. We used to have some great times there back when I went to St. Ed's. Then we'd go to the Mother Earth or Armadillo (but I doubt any of you are old enough to remember that!)
    Love those Bluebonnets, Breezie!

SMART Approach

Good luck in the race, Tchuck! Do you have a goal time in mind? 31 minutes is mine. Grr, I want to get faster quicker!!
      No huge goal. Maybe get a tan. Ha! Probably will finish between 20:30 and 21:00. Would love sub 20:30. Well below last years PR as I am still trying to get my conditioning back (hamstring tendonitis) and have done no real up pace work. I am doing a half in May and have only run over 20 miles a week just a few weeks. Generally, for Fall peak I focus more on 5K training. Good luck to you as well.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

The Greatest of All Time

My husband doesn't get why I love going to the Texas CHili Parlor. We used to have some great times there back when I went to St. Ed's. Then we'd go to the Mother Earth or Armadillo (but I doubt any of you are old enough to remember that!)
        Is this the Chili Parlor real close to campus?
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

SMART Approach

Marcus, Yes, I believe it is. Great food, but their chili is not my type. I like meat but also some beans and noodles - more Wisconsinlike! Their chili looks like a bowl of shaved beef.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Non ducor, duco.

I like meat but also some beans and noodles - more Wisconsinlike!
            That ain't chili! Big grin

The Greatest of All Time

Marcus, Yes, I believe it is. Great food, but their chili is not my type. I like meat but also some beans and noodles - more Wisconsinlike! Their chili looks like a bowl of shaved beef.
              I went to UT and have eaten that the place y'all are referring to. I think I remember liking it well enough.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

SMART Approach

That ain't chili! Big grin
                I know, I know!!

Non ducor, duco.

Day 2 6-9 including your fast tempo intervals (as half approaches focus on goal pace) and 4-6 X 100M quick striders .
                  Sorry, for keeping on asking questions on this. I have devoured the Pfitzinger book. I jumped into the plan on the base training schedule for 40 MPW and it is similar to this. My question is probably silly but do I do 4-6 ( pfitzinger says 8 X 100 meters) on a track or just in my run? If I do it in my run what is the best way to measure the 100 M? I have a Garmin which I suppose if I could figure it out I could get it to beep at me at 100 Meters, but is there a simpler way? I hate to have the thing beeping every 100 meters on the rest of my 5 mile run for the day. It seems way easier to head to the track but can I do that mid-day or will the school boot me out? Geez, Im rambling but my dog just wont answer these questions for me. Tchuck and Teresa Hope you are having a blast in Austin!

Non ducor, duco.

I think I figured this out today! Yea. I managed to muddle through the mess that was in my head and think it out.. Blush

SMART Approach

Sorry, for keeping on asking questions on this. I have devoured the Pfitzinger book. I jumped into the plan on the base training schedule for 40 MPW and it is similar to this. My question is probably silly but do I do 4-6 ( pfitzinger says 8 X 100 meters) on a track or just in my run? If I do it in my run what is the best way to measure the 100 M? I have a Garmin which I suppose if I could figure it out I could get it to beep at me at 100 Meters, but is there a simpler way? I hate to have the thing beeping every 100 meters on the rest of my 5 mile run for the day. It seems way easier to head to the track but can I do that mid-day or will the school boot me out? Geez, Im rambling but my dog just wont answer these questions for me. Tchuck and Teresa Hope you are having a blast in Austin!
                      I fly out on Thursday. Andreia, you can work up to 8 X 100M and can do them on the road. Generally, toward end of a run, run around 15-20 sec at a quick pace. Jog and recover fully and repeat. This should not be a sprint and use first one or two to work into pace and work to a pace you feel you would maintain if doing a 800M race. It is fast but form is maintained at all times.