So want to do 5k in 25 minutes (Read 691 times)

No more marathons

TheMysteryOne, how do you feel about the Irish?

just testing a theory.

Naaa. not KK.  check post above  previous page

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onefatchick

when I get to 25 minute for 3k in 2 months time it will be me 2 trolls -0.

Have you changed your goal?

onefatchick

And when I get to 25 minute for 3k in 2 months time it will be me 2 trolls -0.

Have you changed your goal?

So by looking at the info you gave, one only has to go here (http://www.greatrun.org/Results/full-search) to whittle it down to one of two   And my money would be on this one:  http://www.greatrun.org/results/460/2671

But really, no one cares.  Chill out.

1886, 1887 and 1889 all named Fiona. What are the chances?

No more marathons

1886, 1887 and 1889 all named Fiona. What are the chances?

I think that's the Edinburgh equivalent to Brittany in the US.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

mikeymike

I think that's the Edinburgh equivalent to Brittany in the US.

You mean she's 23 years old?

Runners run

No Talent Drips

I had a classmate who was named Brittany. She was born in 1975--right at the very start of that sharp Brittany spike. She was so hot...and she was (is) Mormon which just made her so much hotter; forbidden fruit, and whatnot. She and her family lived in the nice part of a nice town, but somehow managed to make the trampoline in the back yard fit in. Supernatural, really, when I look back at it. In high school, we'd show up at her house--drunk on Miller Genuine Draft--and cause a ruckus on the trampoline. I always wanted her to come out in some formal Mormon sleepwear and shushhh us off before Dad came out with his gun...but that never happened. Lights would come on and Mrs. R. would come to the back door and invite us in--using the kindest, most nurturing voice. Angelic, really. Mom's voice notwithstanding, we'd scatter through the suburban wooded neighborhood, into the Chevy Astro...all but the driver diving in through the side slider...where we'd carry on our MGD binge--rolling around the Astro in the place where the seats should have been. Anyway, Brittany ran the hurdles. Never did run cross-country on account of soccer. Soccer was big in that part of Massachusetts. Brittany was a decent soccer player, and no one ever made a hair scrunchy look so good before or after. Mom and Dad were on the bleeding edge of Brittany.

Dei Gratia

Joann Y

I had a classmate who was named Brittany. She was born in 1975--right at the very start of that sharp Brittany spike. She was so hot...and she was (is) Mormon which just made her so much hotter; forbidden fruit, and whatnot. She and her family lived in the nice part of a nice town, but somehow managed to make the trampoline in the back yard fit in. Supernatural, really, when I look back at it. In high school, we'd show up at her house--drunk on Miller Genuine Draft--and cause a ruckus on the trampoline. I always wanted her to come out in some formal Mormon sleepwear and shushhh us off before Dad came out with his gun...but that never happened. Lights would come on and Mrs. R. would come to the back door and invite us in--using the kindest, most nurturing voice. Angelic, really. Mom's voice notwithstanding, we'd scatter through the suburban wooded neighborhood, into the Chevy Astro...all but the driver diving in through the side slider...where we'd carry on our MGD binge--rolling around the Astro in the place where the seats should have been. Anyway, Brittany ran the hurdles. Never did run cross-country on account of soccer. Soccer was big in that part of Massachusetts. Brittany was a decent soccer player, and no one ever made a hair scrunchy look so good before or after. Mom and Dad were on the bleeding edge of Brittany.

Wow. All that from the mystery-o-matic? That is amazing. Really amazing.

MTA: Oops, never mind. This must have been the aristotle-mystery-o-matic. My bad.

npaden

Okay, I think we need a timeline to keep track of the progress of this thread.

10/25/14 - TheMysteryOne post the initial post asking for help in achieving a 25 minute 5K in 2 months.  They also state that their Personal Best time at this point is 3 miles in 37.37.

Over the next day or so, 6 different posters give quality constructive advice essentially saying that much of an improvement is not realistic in such a short time and that the important thing is to think long term and work out a schedule to start running some easy miles.

10/30/14 - TheMysteryOne replies to several of these posts with a lot of talk about personal bests, running flat out and getting injured.

More folks reply stating that running all out is not the way to go and will most likely result in injury, TheMysteryOne replies to these posters calling them trolls.

11/11/14 - TheMysteryOne still states that they can achieve a 25 minute 5K in 2 months.

More folks reply stating that pushing limits on every run is not the way to go and that a 25 minute 5K in 2 months is not realistic.

11/26/14 - TheMysteryOne states that they will be closer to an 18 minute 5K than a 25 minute 5K in 14 months.

More folks reply that this is even more unrealistic, TheMysteryOne calls them haters and trolls.

At this point pretty much everyone realizes that TheMysteryOne is not actually seeking anyone's help but just wants to ramble on fairly nonsensically and talk about how everyone else is a bunch of trolls.

1/10/15 - TheMysteryOne reports on their performance at the Edinburgh 5K, a blistering 37.27 on a tough day on a tough course.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure that this is the 5K that TheMysteryOne was hoping to run in 25 minutes when they first posted on 10/25/14, a little over 2 months earlier.

Pretty much from there it has just been snowballing out of control with TheMysteryOne calling everyone trolls and posting up nonsensical dribble with an occasional poster egging them on.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Nice.  A Timeline-O-Matic would have saved you all that work.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Do I hear a wistful tone here?

Cryptic

This is one of those threads that just needs to disappear.

Sincerely,

The silent majority Smile

PS. Holy crap have I forgotten all the rules of grammar! I clicked Spaniels link and regretted it instantly. ha

poetry

runlikeagirI

First time peeking in this thread and I've gone through half a box of tissues.  Thanks!