Obama won.. (Read 1497 times)

That is all Big grin

Sub 30 5k, Sub 25 5k, Sub  50 10k, Win a 5k

#artbydmcbride

Just for you, MathStatRunner

THE REAL WINNER

Runners run

when 48% of the country votes the other way I don't think it's smart to gloat or claim a mandate.

the only mandate from the American people is for congress and the executive branch to put on their grown up pants and prepare a responsible budget.  the Dems will have to slash entitlement spending.  the Repubs will have to backtrack and agree to tax increases.  anything less is kicking the can down the road and being childish. 

Best Present Ever

those stats nerds all always so in-your-face with their MATH and NUMBERS and gloating about their statistical models.  It's ridiculous really.  Who cares about MATH when we all have our gut instincts about stuff.  Seriously, guys.  Cut it out.  

Ria_runner

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just for you, MathStatRunner

THE REAL WINNER

Wow. That looks like somebody I know.

Let's see his calves!

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

I am only happy about Obama winning because A) Woman get to keep the uterus to themselves for another 4 years. B) Separation between church and state will still exist.

And yes - its all about the stats models. Such as - I read a very interesting paper that suggests statistically (using the hypergeometric distribution ) Romney cheated to get his place in the GOP Primary. 

I could post the paper if anyone else is interested in reading it.

Sub 30 5k, Sub 25 5k, Sub  50 10k, Win a 5k

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

those stats nerds all always so in-your-face with their MATH and NUMBERS and gloating about their statistical models.  It's ridiculous really.  Who cares about MATH when we all have our gut instincts about stuff.  Seriously, guys.  Cut it out.  

Reminds me of the great Joe Biden - George Bush SNL skit from last spring:

Joe Biden: Well... it’s MY big mouth that got things done this time! Okay? Not [Obama's]  "careful weighing of options"! 

George W. Bush: Heck! Those... those smartypants types are never going to understand speak-first guys like us. 

Joe Biden: Exactly! 

George W. Bush: Yeah, you know, they’re all brains. 

Joe Biden: Yeah. 

George W. Bush: You and me? We’re all gut and balls. 

Joe Biden: Yeah! 

George W. Bush: Yeah. 

Joe Biden: Yeah! 

George W. Bush: Every decision I ever made happened between my belly button and the middle of my thighs.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

.. between my belly button and the middle of my thighs.

The transmission of a great runner.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

#artbydmcbride

Well, Nate Silver is a MOT   Big grin

Runners run

I dont get the Silver thing at all. Hes hardly the first guy to use witchcraft to predict an election. 

And we run because we like it
                          Through the broad bright land

Prince of Fatness

I am only happy about Obama winning because A) Woman get to keep the uterus to themselves for another 4 years. B) Separation between church and state will still exist.

I highly doubt that you would have had to worry about A or B had Romney won but as long as you are happy then good for you.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

I dont get the Silver thing at all. Hes hardly the first guy to use witchcraft to predict an election. 

Big grin

Runners run

I highly doubt that you would have had to worry about A or B had Romney won but as long as you are happy then good for you.

the media was successful in convincing some that Romney and Ryan would have overturned Roe vs. Wade. That will never happen.