Is it just me? (Read 987 times)

HermosaBoy

Does anyone else read RWOL as AWOL?

Must be a flashback to the military days...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

dallison

registered pw

yup, just youEight ball

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Slo

Does anyone else read RWOL as AWOL?

Must be a flashback to the military days...

Too funny. You said what I was thinking.

xor

It gets better.

The RWOL mini-invasion isn't a cross section of all posters on RWOL.  It is a very specific swamp-like group from an area they refer to as...

BF.

ok, is it just me, or does everyone get stuck on that 'my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard' song, every time they read a post from milktruck?

srlopez, you sure know a lot about the internets, even though I still think the swamp is not what you think it is.

Thank you again for driving. In hindsight,  was probably good that I didn't have to operate a motor vehicle that early on Monday. Also, you have some mad downhill running skills. At one point I remember wondering how you knew where you were going and then it dawned on me that we were following the red blazes on the trees--give me a chance and I usually figure shit out like that.

Runners run

an amazing likeness

ok, is it just me, or does everyone get stuck on that 'my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard' song, every time they read a post from milktruck?

It's you...'cause that doesn't happen to me, for sure. [insert ostracized winkie here]

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, I didn't before...but now I'm sure I will! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Oh, I know the swamp isn't really exactly what I like to think it is.  It's a lot like that evel knievel motorcycle toy from when we were kids.  The commercial made it look like that thing would rocket off the launcher and go for miles and steer and shit.  And then when I got it, it turned out I'd crank it for a couple months minutes (though it felt like months) and then he'd go across the room in a weird curve that always landed him under the couch.

And there seem to be two swamps.  I don't know what the deal is with that, so I am creating big stories about the star bellied sneetches and the plain bellied sneetches.

And there seem to be two swamps.  I don't know what the deal is with that, so I am creating big stories about the star bellied sneetches and the plain bellied sneetches.

Yeah so the internet is weird.

The swamp originally started as sort of a parody of a mileage group even though it was one of the officially sanctioned mileage groups (2000 miles) with a pace bunny and everything. So it was a parody of itself. Except all sorts of new people kept joining and they didn't know it was a parody and so this weird "it's all about the mileage except it's not at all about the mileage" vibe grew up. It worked most of the time except when people's different perspectives collided or Candice had recently spent time at a water park.

Then, over the years, the swamp repeatedly turned on itself and went through several cycles of binge/purge/binge. At various times various people have left in a huff or not in a huff and some have gone on to create other swamp knock offs. There was once a nashville centric swamp spin off (like the world needs one of those), not sure if that exists still or what. There have been other spin offs that either billed themselves as more serious or less serious or whatever. At least one of these still exists. Today the swamp participation ebbs and flows but it has experienced a prolonged period of peace with no major civil wars in what seems like years. And I know enough swampers in real life that it doesn't really matter anymore.

The GSP (great scary place, i.e. these main forums here at runningahead) and the swamp (the original) offer plenty of opportunity for time wasting so I limit myself to those.

I knew Eric Smile and a few other RA'ers before the existence of RA but have met way more because of it. So even I have to admit these forums have some redeeming value.

Runners run

xor

As for profanity....

It's legal.  But it ain't a hundred percent legal.  I mean, you can't open up any thread, go on a roll and start Murphy-in away.  BCR wants you to cuss in your home or certain designated places.

Breaks down like this, ok... It's legal to know it.  It's legal to think it.  And if you are the proprietor of a thread, it's legal to say it.  It's illegal to attack people with it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause, get a lot of this, all right - if you get popped by the mods in RA, it's ILLEGAL for them to search you. I mean, that's a right that mods in RA don't have.

I'm fuckin goin.

Oh, I know the swamp isn't really exactly what I like to think it is.  It's a lot like that evel knievel motorcycle toy from when we were kids.  The commercial made it look like that thing would rocket off the launcher and go for miles and steer and shit.  And then when I got it, it turned out I'd crank it for a couple months minutes (though it felt like months) and then he'd go across the room in a weird curve that always landed him under the couch.

At least you had that toy. I wanted it bad.
                          xhristopher

For me RA is about the only online running resource I go to. I've met a boatload of nice people because of RA. Living in Massholeland It's hard to go to a race and not see people from this place.

If it weren't for RA I'd probably have no real idea how to run and would be a hell of a lot slower and missed out on a lot. Because RA allows you to look at other people's logs (log stalk), I quickly discovered the "secrets" were all right in front of me. Just look at what good runners do and do it too.

I'm finding it easy to pick out the RWOL folks because they don't show their logs.

xhristopher

I've even met BCR!

He was hard to recognize w/o the footsie bags.

I've even met BCR!

He was hard to recognize w/o the footsie bags.

Many would love to meet me so you are very freaking lucky.   However, many run away whenever they see a van with a unicorn on it as well!  Some run to it and some run away.  Different strokes for different folkes.  Hopefully we meet in Chicago 2013 as well!

Now what they hell have Mikeymike and Mr. Lopez been smoking today.  That is the most Mikeymike has typed in a month and I'm not sure what srlopez said in his message.  I might have to get my decoder ring out which is what I got instead of the stupid motorcycle toy. 

Nope didn't help!  Oh well carry on. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                                • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                                • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon