It would be funny if it didn't f#(*ing suck so much... (Read 468 times)

Cntrygal

I would prefer not to receive anything...  I would be happy to not ever deal with these people ever, but they do these little digs all the time.  My FIL called me son a r*tard once (he has autism).  He is just an arse...  I am trying not to care about this, but it's just another way they dig at me.  They know that it hurts, so they do it.

OMG!  First, What does your husband say?  Second, Does he have a sense of humor?  Would he get mad if you sent funeral arrangment brochures to them on their birthdays?  Or is that over the top?  Confused

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

purrx3

You could send the card back labelled addressee unknown and see what happens.  Happy birthday to both you and your DH Big grin

A Saucy Wench

My friends MIL wore mourning to the wedding.  I shit you not, Black from head to toe including the black hat with the black lace veil that comes down over the face.  I didn't even know people wore that to funerals anymore.

Maybe every year on your anniversary you should send them a sympathy card stating "My sympathies for the loss of your son.  To me. "

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Maybe every year on your anniversary you should send them a sympathy card stating "My sympathies for the loss of your son.  To me. "

+1

& attach a bag of exploding faeces too.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

zonykel

Wow. That's beyond classless. I'm not a confrontational person, but this is a case where I think a major ass chewing is in order.

My FIL called me son a r*tard once (he has autism).  

Maggie & Molly

i think it is horrible that grown adults would treat someone like that.  HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, screw them. Evil

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
              Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I have to add: I've been married 37 1/2 years.  Never once received a birthday or anniversary card.

Christmas, yes.  I have no answers.  It is what it is i guess.

steph  

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Ouch, you have my condolences.  My MIL and, to a much lesser extent, my FIL had big, big problems with Mrs. mab and I dating, which I won't go into here. MIL boycotted the wedding.  To their credit (and God's, IMO), the ice started to thaw a year or two after that, and now we have what I consider to be a pretty good relationship. There were issues unrelated to me causing the problems, which got cleared up, helping us...wouldn't be surprised if there were similar unrelated issues with your in-laws, too.

Either way, I hope things get better. Sure, their actions are reprehensible (or is it irreprehensible? I always get those mixed up), but on the whole, a good relationship with the in-laws was better - for me, at least - than "getting them back" or having no relationship at all.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Married 16 years!  That's awesome!

You can pick your husband, but you don't pick your in-laws .

Happy birthday!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

A Saucy Wench

I have to add: I've been married 37 1/2 years.  Never once received a birthday or anniversary card.

Christmas, yes.  I have no answers.  It is what it is i guess.

I on the other hand only receive birthday and Xmas and occasionally anniversary wishes from my in laws and not my family.  We just arent the card sending remembering kind of family.  NOT receiving doesnt mean much.  Receiving passive aggressive is a whole different kettle.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Queen of 3rd Place

Happy birthday!

My mother dealt with this for over 30 years with my father's mother. When I became an adult and it was clear that I thought grandma was horrid, my mother shared all her stories with me and we've had good laughs over it ever since. Humor: the best medicine!

Ex runner

jojo61397

Thank-you all...

It's funny, but the kids see it too.  I saw it with my grandma as well.  My grandma favored all the kids who were her daughters' kids.  It was kind of sad, but I have no fond memories of my grandmother (dad's mom), I didn't even shed a tear when I heard she had died.  I loved my other grandmother.  But she did things with us, she never forgot a birthday.  She was fun to be around.  My daughter doesn't even know that she has another grandpa (other than my dad).

And FTR, I am laughing about it now.  I know that him doing this is a personal slam on me, and I think to myself, that's the best you can do a-hole.  FWIW, I had a fun birthday.  We went to Atlanta, I got a PR on a marathon on a really tough course, and now I'm drinking Shiraz, having steak, eating cake, and my husband is cleaning out the car from the road trip Smile.  Can't beat that.

Happy birthday!

My mother dealt with this for over 30 years with my father's mother. When I became an adult and it was clear that I thought grandma was horrid, my mother shared all her stories with me and we've had good laughs over it ever since. Humor: the best medicine!

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Turk

If I were your hubby, I'd sending those cards back unopened.

Docket_Rocket

If I were your hubby, I'd sending those cards back unopened.

^^ This.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

My in-laws hate me.  My birthday is tomorrow.  This is the fourth year in a row that they have sent a birthday card for my husband on my birthday.  I have been married 16 years.  Happy birthday to me.  BTW, is wine something on the carbo-loading list?

Happy birthday, Jojo.

Send them each a sympathy card and write: "One of you will be dying soon, just wanted to make sure I didn't forget to send a card. Love and kisses, JoJo."

Include a faux coupon for the St. Convivial Crematorium and Cafe.