RA Movie Thread (Read 5584 times)

PWL

Has been

"Hot Fuzz"...bwahahaha!!! God, the British are so ribald! Big grin k
    I agree--those guys are frickin hilarious!

"I would never die for my beliefs, because I might be wrong."--Bertrand Russell

A Dance with Monkeys

I just saw Stardust. WOW, another GREAT sleeper flick. My kids (5 & 8) loved it as well. Great movie!!

Needs more cowbell!

Pan's Labyrinth...wow. I feel emotionally drained. What an amazing film. You know it's a good foreign flick when you forget you are reading sub-titles and listening to people speak a language you don't understand! Smile k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Needs more cowbell!

Children of Men...damn, that's some bleakness...

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

Basically... run!

Pan's Labyrinth...wow. I feel emotionally drained. What an amazing film. You know it's a good foreign flick when you forget you are reading sub-titles and listening to people speak a language you don't understand! Smile k
            Awesome movie. and I totally agree on the emotionally draining part too - I don't often get teary eyed...

madness baby

WAR DANCE - Excellent! A beautiful documentary, as told by children in Uganda. Absolutely amazing cinematography. Bravo!!! http://www.wardancethemovie.com/
              deb
                Just watched Transformers. What a cool movie! That kid from Holes did such a great job!! Now I know who Bumble-bee is. Big grin

Michelle

Marathon Maniac # 3228

Needs more cowbell!

Just watched Transformers. What a cool movie! That kid from Holes did such a great job!! Now I know who Bumble-bee is. Big grin
                  We really had such low expectations for this movie and now I'm definitely ranking it among my favorite films of '07. Is it wrong that I have a huge crush on Shia LaBeouf (I'm old enough to be his mom...*gulp*)...? Wink k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

We really had such low expectations for this movie and now I'm definitely ranking it among my favorite films of '07. Is it wrong that I have a huge crush on Shia LaBeouf (I'm old enough to be his mom...*gulp*)...? Wink k
                    Shia did a great job, and he's a cutie! At first we couldn't figure out who it was. The movie was a little long for our 6 y/o, but he enjoyed it anyhow. I'd watch it again.

Michelle

Marathon Maniac # 3228

I didn't actually sit and watch the whole thing, but this morning my one son watched 28 Weeks Later. I was in and out of the room and watched some of it. I don't need to see that movie ever again!! Nasty. Tight lipped

Michelle

Marathon Maniac # 3228

Needs more cowbell!

I didn't actually sit and watch the whole thing, but this morning my one son watched 28 Weeks Later. I was in and out of the room and watched some of it. I don't need to see that movie ever again!! Nasty. Tight lipped
                        I really like that movie...haven't seen the sequel, though. Of course, the one issue I have with that is that main character was in a coma for a month or more and would have run out of IV solution, so he should have died from dehydration. That part kind of annoys me, as it's a pretty major plot hole. k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

I really like that movie...haven't seen the sequel, though. Of course, the one issue I have with that is that main character was in a coma for a month or more and would have run out of IV solution, so he should have died from dehydration. That part kind of annoys me, as it's a pretty major plot hole. k
                          My mistake was coming into the room during a scene of pure blood and gore. And, I was annoyed when one of the characters died and I thought he would live.

Michelle

Marathon Maniac # 3228

Needs more cowbell!

My mistake was coming into the room during a scene of pure blood and gore. And, I was annoyed when one of the characters died and I thought he would live.
                            Have you seen "Shawn of the Dead?" It's the zombie theme, but funny as hell. k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

Have you seen "Shawn of the Dead?" It's the zombie theme, but funny as hell. k
                              Dh wouldn't let us watch that when it was on last week Confused Roll eyes I figured the twins would get a good laugh out of it. Oh well... MTA Tongue Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Needs more cowbell!

Dh wouldn't let us watch that when it was on last week Confused Roll eyes I figured the twins would get a good laugh out of it. Oh well... MTA Tongue Wink
                                They probably would have liked it. Dane's definitely old enough to appreciate some of the humor. We were just watching Jaws on cable this AM...Dane was a little grossed-out, but also thought "Bruce" the shark was pretty cool. Smile k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals: