Oh! You run? (Read 2664 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

...as long as you swallowed it, you should be good (partial digestion counts toward style points).

And bright colors get style points too.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

vinno101

Well, now I know that the Comrades Marathon is 26.2 miles. Thanks.

Strange it was nowhere near 26.2 miles, last time I ran and to the best of my knowledge more like 55 miles Joking

Sub 20 5k

!st Marathon in November

Qualify for comrades marathon 2013

jules2

A couple of weeks ago members of the local Karate club came round door to door looking for new members, it's makes a change from the usual religious fanatics and double glazing salesmen. I'm normally hostile to people who come door to door but I admired their enthusiasm so I told the guy I was a runner not a fighter

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

#artbydmcbride

Smile

Runners run

Best Present Ever

I wore black shorts.

You'd not be able to tell if they were wet, or if it were sweat or urine, unless you touched, and that would be a slightly odd addition to the chip-removal and medal handing out at the end of these non-marathon races.

Someone I work with told my husband at a fancy event that she thinks Americans are just uptight about incontinence.  She and her husband have solved the problem by always wearing black pants. My husband wasn't sure what the socially appropriate response to that statement was.  I made a mental note to never sit in a chair after her. 

You guys do realize this thread's from 2011, right?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Someone I work with told my husband at a fancy event that she thinks Americans are just uptight about incontinence.  She and her husband have solved the problem by always wearing black pants. My husband wasn't sure what the socially appropriate response to that statement was.  I made a mental note to never sit in a chair after her. 

Funny as hell Big grin

steph  

xor

You guys do realize this thread's from 2011, right?

Yeah, interesting thing.  The thread from 7/12/2011 was reanimated on 7/11/2012.  I had to stare at it for awhile to realize that.

This thread is SO last year.

A Saucy Wench

Yeah, interesting thing.  The thread from 7/12/2011 was reanimated on 7/11/2012.  I had to stare at it for awhile to realize that.

I didnt do it.

Neither did I recognize it as my own thread.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

A couple of weeks ago members of the local Karate club came round door to door looking for new members, it's makes a change from the usual religious fanatics and double glazing salesmen. I'm normally hostile to people who come door to door but . . . 

. . . but they're karate guys and so you thought that might not be the best way of handling it?

I wonder if when you let them in your house that start asking if you have any old 2x4s laying around so they can demonstrate their skills on your carpet.

"Have you accepted the Master of Tae Kwon Leap as your personal sensei and savior?"

*boot to the head*

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

bigkenny

Tonight I got pizza delivery.  I answered the door sporting my slick Boston Marathon finisher t-shirt. Conversation with pizza delivery dude:

I don't think I could eat pizza in my Boston finishers shirt; afraid I'd spill tomato sauce on it.

an amazing likeness

Hey...your log is back! You do run.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

A Saucy Wench

Hey...your log is back! You do run.

Oh wait, but I stopped again

it's deja vu

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jules2

. . . but they're karate guys and so you thought that might not be the best way of handling it?

I wonder if when you let them in your house that start asking if you have any old 2x4s laying around so they can demonstrate their skills on your carpet.

"Have you accepted the Master of Tae Kwon Leap as your personal sensei and savior?"

*boot to the head*

Correct, a Jehovahs Witness isn't likely to be able to break my neck with one blow so you can be more satirical to them. Reminds me of the old joke, what do you call a crow with a machine gun? Sir.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.