Cheesiest singer or group you secretly like (Read 999 times)

Spartanfan: Today, for a pre-race get-me-pumpin'-on-the-drive-over music: I played John Denver "Country Road" at full blast. And sang along. Got first in my division. Might not all be the Denver, though, as I also listened to Johnny Cash's Cocaine Blues and Jane's Addiction.
      Umm...anything and everything Julie Andrews. Seriously. The woman rocks. Smile

Life is Good

dnephin: you have good taste in music! congrats on placing first

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

dnephin: you have good taste in music! congrats on placing first
          Thanks and thanks Smile
            Spartanfan: Today, for a pre-race get-me-pumpin'-on-the-drive-over music: I played John Denver "Country Road" at full blast. And sang along. Got first in my division. Might not all be the Denver, though, as I also listened to Johnny Cash's Cocaine Blues and Jane's Addiction.
            Not an ounce of cheese to be found in Cash's oevure. And Jane's Addiction rocks! It's hard to find, but I think their version of "Sympathy for the Devil" is definitive. As for John Denver, I will admit to liking "Good to be Home Again."

geekfarm@centurytel.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCYMCFOMHQU This one is pure cheese. I recall having a couple of these albums way back when. I'm starting to rethink my past.
                hey are you really still buried out there?
                We've had some melting down here in the valley, it's gonna take some time though! Tried to trail run on Sunday and was punching through the packed trail up to my waist. and if anybody is going to use "Country Roads" to get pumped up for running, they should be using this version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNsc1B6bPOw&feature=related
                  I haven't read all 7 pages of this thread yet, but as I have a meeting in 10 minutes, I'll throw out there that I'm a huge ABBA fan. And PROUD of it. Big grin I grew up listening to ABBA, Neil Diamond, Carpenters, Tony Orlando & Dawn, etc. (parents... Roll eyes ). And I'll proudly say the other day I had my ABBA CD on in the car and my 5-year old son asked me to TURN IT UP, MOM!!!!! Big grin

Michelle

We've had some melting down here in the valley, it's gonna take some time though! Tried to trail run on Sunday and was punching through the packed trail up to my waist. and if anybody is going to use "Country Roads" to get pumped up for running, they should be using this version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNsc1B6bPOw&feature=related
                    That's awesome! I love punk/hard rock redos of standards. Confession: As a youth, I had no idea Joan Baez first did Diamonds and Rust, and not Judas Priest.

Imminent Catastrophe

... I'm a huge ABBA fan. And PROUD of it...Big grin
                      The Swedish National Museum in Stockholm has an entire wing devoted to ABBA. I saw a TV show once (can't remember which one) where a lot of big-name rock musicians said how much they like ABBA. Their outfits were cheesy, but their music was not.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cindy Lauper - Wow, to be one with wreslters and the goonies at the same time.
                        She's way too cool to be cheesy...cheesy singers don't have songs about masturbation! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Umm...anything and everything Julie Andrews. Seriously. The woman rocks. Smile
                          I was kinda worried that my child wouldn't like Julie Andrews, since my child is male...but he LOVES "The Sound of Music." Much to his dad's chagrin! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Swedish National Museum in Stockholm has an entire wing devoted to ABBA. I saw a TV show once (can't remember which one) where a lot of big-name rock musicians said how much they like ABBA. Their outfits were cheesy, but their music was not.
                            The ringtone my sister has on her cell when I call is "Dancing Queen." Big grin I LOVE ABBA. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The ringtone my sister has on her cell when I call is "Dancing Queen." Big grin I LOVE ABBA. Smile
                              Speaking of ABBA, this is a personal cheese tri-fecta. One of my favorite songs from the 80's has the following going for it: •Comes from a musical (or technically, an album made into a musical) •Music written by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus (the two B's in A-B-B-A) •Features a white guy rapping. Name that cheesy tune!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Speaking of ABBA, this is a personal cheese tri-fecta. One of my favorite songs from the 80's has the following going for it: •Comes from a musical (or technically, an album made into a musical) •Music written by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus (the two B's in A-B-B-A) •Features a white guy rapping. Name that cheesy tune!
                                Is it that Bangkok song from Chess?

Amy