I think I have a cold... (Read 817 times)

Needs more cowbell!

Not sure...just have had a sore throat and felt sorta meh the last few days...no energy. My sinuses are also sorta icky, but it's hard to know if that's my year-round allergies at work or a genuine cold. Damn, I don't want to skip my run, tonite, but I might have to.... Sad k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

When I get colds, I actually feel better during my runs because the heat clears my sinuses.

Needs more cowbell!

My sinuses aren't really stuffy, just kinda runny. My biggest issue is that I just feel so run-down. But we're going over to my ILs for dinner, so I won't have time, anyhow. Guess the timing is actually pretty good. I had planned to do an easy 40 minutes tonite and 30 tomorrow, so I might just do 60-70 tomorrow if I feel up to it. k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

LOL! Going over to my ILs used to make me feel run down too!!! Oh. I guess that wasn't what you were trying to say, was it... Wink Hope you feel better soon!

Roads were made for journeys...

Needs more cowbell!

LOL! Going over to my ILs used to make me feel run down too!!! Oh. I guess that wasn't what you were trying to say, was it...
            Heh, no...but it's true in my case, as well. Wink k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

vicentefrijole

When I get colds, I actually feel better during my runs because the heat clears my sinuses.
              I have been suffering from a cold for the last few days too! It's been a pretty nasty one, too, so I don't have any doubt... In the past, I also have felt better with a little running towards the late stages of a cold (when you're still trying to get all that junk out of your sinuses). But I'm also a firm believer in the idea that high mileage or high intensity running can really knock your immune system down a bit... (in my case I think it had more to do with traveling on an airplane, being in large crowds of people, and consuming lots of alchohol). Also, running any distance if you have a fever at all is a pretty dangerous idea since your body can't thermoregulate properly. I basically just wait until my body says it's ready.. which lucky for me is today... I think I'll go for a short one to see if I'm ready. As for the ILs, I don't think any amount of rest or runnning will make that better.... sorry.
              vicentefrijole

Not sure...just have had a sore throat and felt sorta meh the last few days...no energy. My sinuses are also sorta icky, but it's hard to know if that's my year-round allergies at work or a genuine cold.
                By the way, what's your favorite OTC cold medicine? I get colds pretty often and, recently, I'm in love with Nyquil! Blush Gives me the best sleep ever!