ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

Run two miles, eat a dozen women, run back Confused
    a true challenge no doubt. I presume the beer would enter into the picture before the event.

that would work too

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

xor

it all comes back to trolls. This would be a good race series for trolls, ogres, fee-fi-fo-fum giants, and anyone else who views people as food. (the non-processed variety of 'food'. not the soylent green processed kind that trent would not consider food) Wimpy, wambly, wombly.

and thus Scout and I travel different roads. one sure... two? ok that one time in college. but 12? Out of my league.

and thus Scout and I travel different roads. one sure... two? ok that one time in college. but 12? Out of my league.
            Galloweating?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Scout7

It's all about endurance.

Half Fanatic #846

Do people drift primarily in one direction or something?
                Yes. As everyone knows, lefties drift counter-clockwise and right handers drift clockwise - or is it the reverse? A good reason to always stay on the track. Well anyway, you can easily tell which is which by what foot a person leads off with. However eventually they will return to the starting point (as evidenced by lost hikers, etc.). Therefore, if the cheetah or whatever only pretends to chase the ostrich, but remains at the start, sooner or later the ostrich will return as a natural consequence of its leg/wing discrepancies. BTW, I myself passed three ostriches at a 5K year before last. They didn't get any closer to me than 30 feet and I left 'em in the dust! I'm just glad I didn't know about the 40 mph thing back then.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

xor

It's all about endurance.
                  Pacing and hydration. Some lube for chafing. And a clear concept of 'easy'. Ok then.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Well anyway, you can easily tell which is which by what foot a person leads off with. However eventually they will reach the starting point (as evidenced by lost hikers, etc.).> And its the other way around, right handers push themselves left and left handed push their bodies right. Since the majority of humans are right handed, counterclockwise is to optimize cornering speed. Lead foot is one method, but what if all you have to read are their foot prints on the ground to test side dominance? Well stated!

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Scout7

YWell anyway, you can easily tell which is which by what foot a person leads off with.
                      Unless they were in the military. Then they always lead off with the left foot.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Well anyway, you can easily tell which is which by what foot a person leads off with.
                        Wrong. If you were in marching band long enough, you always lead with your left, regardless of which one is the dominant foot.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

xor

Also, most dances... if you lead... start with the left foot. Quick quick slow... quick quick slow...

Lazy idiot

Wrong. If you were in marching band long enough, you always lead with your left, regardless of which one is the dominant foot.
                            Unless you were in drum corps. Some of those dudes/dudettes lead with the right.

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Unless you were in drum corps. Some of those dudes/dudettes lead with the right.
                              Now that's just a bunch of f***ing horses**t. Any drum corp that leads with the right foot should be used as a chemical warfare test subject. Also, it's arches on the yardlines, not toes. And put some spats on, damnit. MTA: And another thing -- enough with the fricking sideline percussion pit. If you can't carry it on the field and march with it, then don't even bother using it.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

The dominant leg in runners is the one most likely with the knee band on it

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong