I experimented with a Clif Shot today (Read 883 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll second the cinnamon-apple Carb-BOOM! It's like cheap apple pie filling. Yum.
    Did you see they're coming out with raspberry and watermelon flavors? I hope the watermelon one taste like a Jolly Rancher! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Did you see they're coming out with raspberry and watermelon flavors? I hope the watermelon one taste like a Jolly Rancher! Big grin
      I haven't, but raspberry sounds awesome! The apple-cinnamon have been getting hard to find, so I haven't had them in maybe a year. Now I'm thinking I might have to try to dig some up for Baystate on Sunday.
        I used to have problems with needing energy in the morning and upset tummy because I couldn't digest. I reccomend buying ju-jubes, or whatever your favourite gummy candy from the bulk bins is, and eat some of those before a run. Not nearly as expensive as eating gels, less packaging, and much more yummy!
          You might also try a couple of fresh dates... awesome for quick, easily digestible energy.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The apple-cinnamon have been getting hard to find, so I haven't had them in maybe a year. Now I'm thinking I might have to try to dig some up for Baystate on Sunday.
            Shit, I wish you'd said something earlier...I have about a dozen on-hand (I bought a box of 24 of that flavor and the banana peach back in the Spring, since I found a place online that sold them for about half price in bulk). I wonder if I could get some to you in time if they shipped tomorrow... Let me know and I'll do it. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

You might also try a couple of fresh dates...
              Sounds good in theory, but once my wife found out, I'd end up as one of those runners missing a testicle and not any faster.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

xor

Sounds good in theory, but once my wife found out, I'd end up as one of those runners missing a testicle and not any faster.
                Hee. +5 for Gryffindor.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Shit, I wish you'd said something earlier...I have about a dozen on-hand (I bought a box of 24 of that flavor and the banana peach back in the Spring, since I found a place online that sold them for about half price in bulk). I wonder if I could get some to you in time if they shipped tomorrow... Let me know and I'll do it. Smile
                  Oooh, I definitely have to pay more attention to responses on these threads! Unfortunately, I seriously doubt the post office can handle this level of duty at this point in the week. I totally appreciate the offer though! You rock.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Erica, in the future order from this place: Stronger Nutrition. I haven't found Carb Boom cheaper anywhere else. Granted, you end up with a TON of packets, but DH and I both use them, so we'll have them gone before they expire...heck, do gels even have an expiration date...?

~ Sarah Kay

xor

do gels even have an expiration date...?
                      Yes, and depending on the maker, the expired ones are extra gross. Side note, few people use the Honey Stingers, but I learned that those babies don't exactly expire... but they do what old honey does... they crystalize. It's a very weird "mouth feel". Blech.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Side note, few people use the Honey Stingers, but I learned that those babies don't exactly expire... but they do what old honey does... they crystalize. It's a very weird "mouth feel". Blech.
                        Ooh, I love that grittiness. I may have to try those and let 'em sit for a while. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay