A good old fashioned runner v. jogger donnybrook (Read 1788 times)

mikeymike

It disappoints me that you would say such things Trent but yet I feel in order to know a cool runner you must be one yourself. Therefore obviously you must not be a cool runner. Normally I would say that you are automatically a cool runner because of the whole flying monkey thing but yet it is upside down. I have always wondered why your username is not Nikko? Also technically should they be "Winged Monkeys"?
    I thought we killed off all the cool runners except for the ones who converted and became Others like us. mta: /BOOM.

Runners run

jules2

Jules2: Any guy who lives in the shire is good in my book. So I will ignore your sarcastic message because I know the good folks in the shire only say nice things. Smile
      Oddly enough I wasn't being sarcastic I quite enjoyed your original post and was trying to give you some moral support.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

You pansies are all joggers. Except maybe Spaniel. And Nobby. Scout, definitely a jogger. Eddy, the jury is still out. Clearly, you are not serious about the sport. Otherwise, you'd drop another stone or two. Jeff. Sub 2:30, or you too will remain forever a jogger.
        Who cares, really, who cares. The importance is that we are all all here trying, some of us are not gifted with speed and little skinny bodies. Some of us have to work harder to be joggers than others work to be runners (by your definition). I am a jogger and always will be but so what. I, on the other hand, can kick your A$$ all over the golf course.
        Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
        xor

I, on the other hand, can kick your Ass all over the golf course.
          Not if you can't catch him.

Who cares, really, who cares. I, on the other hand, can kick your A$$ all over the golf course.
            <donnybrook> I, on the other hand will kick both of your Asses in an good old fashioned game of chutes and ladders, or hopscotch......take you pick. Especially you pink man.........fisheye? <donnybrook></donnybrook>
            xor

I'll throw down for some good ol' Candyland... but I never got into Chutes and Ladders. That's kind of a weird game. I used to volunteer at the hospital my mom worked at (Children's Medical Center of Dallas), and kids would beg me *not* to play CnL. Also, I have good pop-o-matic technique if you want a Trouble asskicking.

Oh, it's on, Mr Pop-O-Matic!
                  Good point, never thought of that. I will chase him down in my golf cart, he can't outrun it!
                  Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
                  AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'll throw down for some good ol' Candyland... but I never got into Chutes and Ladders. That's kind of a weird game. I used to volunteer at the hospital my mom worked at (Children's Medical Center of Dallas), and kids would beg me *not* to play CnL. Also, I have good pop-o-matic technique if you want a Trouble asskicking.
                    Is there a standard workout color for logging Trouble workouts?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Buncha joggers. (BTW, andrsnsm, congrats on your weight loss. This thread, FYI, has been primarily a swamp leakage intended to make good fun of the jogger vs runner wars)

A Saucy Wench

Buncha joggers. (BTW, andrsnsm, congrats on your weight loss. This thread, FYI, has been primarily swamp leakage
                        Has the swamp been taking Alli again? tsk tsk.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It disappoints me that you would say such things Trent but yet I feel in order to know a cool runner you must be one yourself. Therefore obviously you must not be a cool runner. Normally I would say that you are automatically a cool runner because of the whole flying monkey thing but yet it is upside down. I have always wondered why your username is not Nikko? Also technically should they be "Winged Monkeys"?
                          I am neither cool nor am I a runner. Nikko was a traitor.
                          RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I am neither cool nor am I a runner. Nikko was a traitor.
                            Then I stand by my, it takes a runner to know a runner! Since you are not one then this thread has no bearing at all. We will have to wait until the runnergod decides who is a runner and who is not. However, if it does not start with cool shades then I will not worship this god for surely it would start with cool shades. Pat Walshe would disagree with your assesment of Nikko. He was just misunderstood. Cool
                              2011 Goals:
                              Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                              Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

jules2

Then I stand by my, it takes a runner to know a runner! Since you are not one then this thread has no bearing at all. We will have to wait until the runnergod decides who is a runner and who is not. However, if it does not start with cool shades then I will not worship this god for surely it would start with cool shades. Pat Walshe would disagree with your assesment of Nikko. He was just misunderstood. Cool
                              Shit all these years I thought I was a runner and now it turns out that because I wear glasses with clip on sun lenses ( for the rare appearance of the sun over here ) it all counts for nothing. The equation is cool shades = runner No cool shades = ignominy I am going to pack up this running game and wear some cool shades, I can still call myself a runner and it avoids all that training in bad weather. Bearing in mind in the Winter most of my running is done in the dark I'd class myself as a freezing runner, if I wore shades I'd just hit the next lamp post.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would also add this tidbit: those concerned about labels are likely not runners.