Is it wrong...? (Read 1136 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is it wrong to lust after these: The most cushioned running shoe New Balance makes! This style features 3/4 length ABZORB® EX technology to absorb shock thru your running gait, providing a smooth soft feel and fit. New Balance 1000 Product Details N-VENT™ midsole ventilation system promotes airflow N-Durance™ rubber compound for maximum outsole durability C-CAP® midsole provides cushioning and support Anti-Microbial Sock Liner helps prevent odor ABZORB® EX 3/4 Length Cartridge provides durable cushioning. BIOCOOL™ Mesh engineered to offer seamless comfort and keep your feet cool. Color: White with Gray & Blue Shoe Weight: 323 grams (11.4 oz) Shoe Last: SL-1 They're very similar to the shoes I am already really loving (NB 845), but better--more cushioning and that ventilation system has me really intrigued, since hot feet is one thing I HATE. Do you have a shoe that you would buy today if you had to purchase a brand new pair? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Pretty sweet. Do they have them in mens shoes as well?
      Daddy's littel girl.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pretty sweet. Do they have them in mens shoes as well?
        Yup! click Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Is it wrong to lust after these:
          Absolutely wrong! Lust is one of those 7 deadly sins, if I remember correctly. To fix this problem you should purchase them immediately! Evil grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Absolutely wrong! Lust is one of those 7 deadly sins, if I remember correctly. To fix this problem you should purchase them immediately! Evil grin
            Ha! And they are currently 15% off at one place, too. But I want to log at least another 200 miles on my existing pair (which only have about 120 miles on them) before I really give too much thought to new ones--those 1000s are at the top of my short list, though. And I discovered we have a NB store about an hour away that is owned by a really great chain of running/endurance sports specialty stores, so I have a feeling they will make sure they are the right shoe for me (though I must say I did an awesome job finding a great shoe for my needs in my current NB trainers). Maybe a few weeks before that 10 mi. race I want to do in mid-Sept. would be a good time to break-in a new shoe.... k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, I've just been informed that having two pairs of shoes is a good idea... Evil grin C'mon... You know you wanna...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

C'mon... You know you wanna...
                Well, of course *I* do...but I just blew $120 on new running duds (decided it was about time I had some nicer stuff not from TJ Maxx or Target), so I need to tighten the purse strings for a while...or at least wait for DH to go on a cycling spending spree. Knowing him it won't be long before it's my turn, again! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grinThank goodness for guys' shopping sprees, no? I know EXACTLY what you mean about it being "your turn" again! Nothing like a guilty-feeling hubby to legitimize your own bad habits! Evil grin You could start "accidentally" leaving out cycling gear magazines oh-so-casually... Heh heh heh... Evil grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I loved it after he bought his road bike--that baby cost $3500! Big grin He got a bit miffed when he saw that I had bought the new running clothes, but I reminded him that he's never bought cheap cycling garb and that MY sport is still FAR cheaper than HIS sport. A cycling jersey and single pair of shorts are easily just as expensive as the 4 items I bought. Plus he has pedals, shoes, wheels, tires, assorted components, cleaners and lubes, new helmets, $$ socks, etc. My Camelbak, sports bras, shirts, shorts, socks, and shoes aren't nearly as pricey as any of his stuff. And I have a cheapy digital watch, while he has a $$ cycling computer. So if I ever get a real hankering for a Garmin Forerunner I will remind him of that! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

"(decided it was about time I had some nicer stuff not from TJ Maxx or Target)" Easy on us Target shoppers! Actually, their line of Champion running clothes is pretty good!
                      "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
                        Well, of course *I* do...but I just blew $120 on new running duds (decided it was about time I had some nicer stuff not from TJ Maxx or Target), so I need to tighten the purse strings for a while...or at least wait for DH to go on a cycling spending spree. Knowing him it won't be long before it's my turn, again! Big grin k
                        Not sure why this popped up. Blush
                        "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"(decided it was about time I had some nicer stuff not from TJ Maxx or Target)" Easy on us Target shoppers! Actually, their line of Champion running clothes is pretty good!
                          Oh, I really LOVE Target and the C9 stuff (Champion makes the BEST sports bras), but I find that their shorts are HUGE (I am actually wearing a pair right now, but they are just too big to run in--I look like I'm wearing a pair of my hubby's shorts)! A size small is like a large on me--and I'm not a real petite woman. This vanity sizing crap has got to stop! k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

" Easy on us Target shoppers! Actually, their line of Champion running clothes is pretty good!
                            Right on! Plus, isn't insane how much extra you pay for that simple Nike swoosh? I'm about to swear off all Nike products.. I'm sick of the extra cost for (sometimes) lousy gear! But their shoes are still quite good, I hear...
                              I'm about to swear off all Nike products...
                              I have been fortunate...Nike's have never felt good on my feet! Big grin
                              Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I'm about to swear off all Nike products.. I'm sick of the extra cost for (sometimes) lousy gear! But their shoes are still quite good, I hear...
                                You take that back! I went through 15 pairs of Nikes and was forced to wean myself off a couple of weeks ago because Nike stopped making them. Oh wait, you did say their shoes are good. Never mind. It's all good Big grin