Sugoi Women's SubZero Tight (Read 1362 times)

I'm too broke to buy fancy running pants this year.  I have a thicker pair of Nike winter running pants, but I only use them when it's below 20.. 

I've been using regular tights.  Like regular ladies tights.    They work great, and I can wear a pair of shorts over them.   And guess what?  They cost $4 bucks. 

Now that, I can afford!

- Anya

Oh roo roooo!

My other favorite tight for the winter has been the Sporthill Summit Tight.  The fabric does attract dog hair, but they really fit well and are warm.  Very good quality too.

Hey, attracting dog hair is a good thing!  I rely on it for extra insulation all winter long!  And yes, it is totally amazing how your legs can be just fine but your butt is absolutely frozen, in spite of plenty of built-in insulation...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And yes, it is totally amazing how your legs can be just fine but your butt is absolutely frozen, in spite of plenty of built-in insulation...

Why do tights manufacturers insist upon putting heavier/wind-resistant panels on the quads...that's NOT what feels cold the most on me (maybe the designers are in warmer climates and clueless...?).  When it's really bad I will put an extra pair of compression shorts on over my tights just to keep my butt from being miserably cold.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Best Present Ever

Why do tights manufacturers insist upon putting heavier/wind-resistant panels on the quads...that's NOT what feels cold the most on me (maybe the designers are in warmer climates and clueless...?).  When it's really bad I will put an extra pair of compression shorts on over my tights just to keep my butt from being miserably cold.

For me, the question is why my butt stays so cold?  The glutes are working hard when I run, there's plenty of insulation, and it's on the leeward side so to speak.  Other people claim to have great, deep, creative, breakthrough thoughts when they are running.  The cold-butt problem is what occupies my mind on a long winter run.

ymmv

perhaps some forced-air heating with more beans in your diet?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

perhaps some forced-air heating with more beans in your diet?

I'd be jet-propelled, too! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

ymmv

I'd be jet-propelled, too! Big grin

not if you stay away from open flames!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

not if you stay away from open flames!

Where's the fun in that?

~ Sarah Kay

The Summit tights have a reinforced nylon panel on the butt area.  Maybe this would help with the feeling of cold in that area.