Wahhh...I'm gonna miss this place! (Read 762 times)

What the hell are we going to read?!? Have fun.
    shyrunner07

hope you're having a good time, K! Be sure to take lots of pics! hugs to your family! How is your dad doing these days?

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Zoomy reports good traveling and reasonably well-behaved little boys, despite getting stuck in traffic a couple of times in Chi-Town... did

Zoomy reports good traveling and reasonably well-behaved little boys, despite getting stuck in traffic a couple of times in Chi-Town... did
          Thanks for the update Did! Smile

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Zoomy reports good traveling and reasonably well-behaved little boys, despite getting stuck in traffic a couple of times in Chi-Town...
            Did, sounds like unfortunately *cough* luckily *cough* you're not making the trip.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Did, sounds like unfortunately *cough* luckily *cough* you're not making the trip.
              Are you kiddin' me? I have the house to myself for a week. There's beer cans everywhere, strippers passed out on the floor, and I'm using a sawzall to cut anything harder than butter. Guy Land doesn't happen often, so I gotta make the most of it. did

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Are you kiddin' me? I have the house to myself for a week. There's beer cans everywhere, strippers passed out on the floor, and I'm using a sawzall to cut anything harder than butter. Guy Land doesn't happen often, so I gotta make the most of it.
                A week of Guy Land. That is way better than any vacation. Enjoy, and try not to trip on any strippers on the way out to buy more beer.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

RA just isn't the same without Zoomy!! Tell her parents to join the rest of the world and get access to the Internet!!

Michelle

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

The Zoomstress today reports that the didlet was up at 5:30 in the morning and refused to sleep more, so he went out and rolled loud toys around on the wood floor. I refrained from making comments about how I woke up with a purring cat next to my head. did

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Zoomstress today reports that the didlet was up at 5:30 in the morning and refused to sleep more, so he went out and rolled loud toys around on the wood floor. I refrained from making comments about how I woke up with a purring cat next to my head. did
                      Hrmmm.... Anyhow, I'm back!!! And let me just say that I am REALLY dreading tomorrow's Jiggly Joggers weigh-in...it's not gonna be pretty. There's a reason that WI always ranks up at the top of the states with the fattest people. Ample cheese, beer, fish boils, fried cheddar cheese curds, fudge.... And, of course, since I no longer live there I had to stuff as much of that calorie-laden goodness into myself as possible--often to the point of feeling ill. I don't think I ate much in the way of green foods, either. Now I am craving a salad! I had a great time...didn't get nearly enough sleep, but had fun showing off my favorite childhood locales to my son. Also got to meet the children of several HS classmates--THAT makes me feel older than just about anything. Even got to go out for a couple of drinks with two of my closest childhood buds, too. We closed the bar down! Big grin I only managed to get one run in and it was sorta miserable. Now that my right outer arch pain has all but subsided it seems to have traded places with what I am pretty certain is "runner's knee" on my same troublesome right side. Great. Only was able to do a single 5.5 mile run...the first mile of which was pretty uncomfortable. I ran a 15k race 2 days before heading to WI (with no physical issues whatsoever) and didn't run for the following 3 days due to driving and weather (HOT, humid, ghastly). I am having pain, difficulty fully straightening my leg if I am bearing weight, and going down hills is no fun. Also have a popping/snapping sensation while walking and some popping/cracking sound quite frequently (my knees have always done this, but without pain up until now). I almost wonder if all the time sitting in the car contributed...? Think I might be looking into some sort of knee brace on that side.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

WELCOME HOME!!! Sounds like you had a good time other than not getting your runs in. Hope you get the knee issue worked out soon. Injuries SUCK!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Welcome home Kirsten!!! Big grin
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, girls! I really missed this place and everyone in it, though even if my folks had internet access I likely wouldn't have had much time at all to get online. We were pretty much on the go from the moment we woke up until we went to bed each night. Vacations are fun! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Welcome back !!
                              2009: BQ?
                              shyrunner07

glad you had a great time K! Hopefully your injuries work themselves out soon (btw, i have a knee brace thingy that you are welcome to use if you'd like...nothing high-tech, just a simple Ace type velcro wrap)... did dane have fun? how is your pa doing? welcome home!! Smile