Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

Feeling the growl again

Dude, you're a year late.

It's someone else's turn to be an idiot.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'll give it a shot. Might start it tomorrow though instead of Thanksgiving.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

Seanv2

Dude, you're a year late.

It's someone else's turn to be an idiot.

Come on Spaniel, there's always time for a stupid running game.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Ojo

I'm in, but hell, I've been doing it since New Years Eve 2007.

Smile

Of course I'm in! 

Sara

MM #2929

Feeling the growl again

Come on Spaniel, there's always time for a stupid running game.

I could go my whole life without running 550+ miles in a month again.  I almost ran my pelvis in half.

I will shoot for every day in December and 300+ miles.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Seanv2

I could go my whole life without running 550+ miles in a month again.  I almost ran my pelvis in half.

I will shoot for every day in December and 300+ miles.

This I like! I'm going to do the thanksgiving to news years deal, maybe starting a day early and ending a day early. 

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Alright, I'm in.  This might be the kick in the ass I need to get back in the game.  However, my wife and I are renting a beach house for xmas week, so I foresee the odd lazy day in my future... 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I'm from RW. It's time for a fresh start and a running streak sounds like a good first step.

I think this is what I need. Since my October marathon, I've been a major slacker. I've felt lost without a big goal ahead. So, yeah, I'm in! I'm doing a turkey trot on Thanksgiving, so that'll be a good way to start. Smile
                    Seanv2

I started my holiday streak last night with a short run around the park. I'm going for three miles a day, everyday until New Years Eve.

For those new to RA, Eric has a created a streak widget you can add to your log. 

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Im on board. Havent run since spring and I am feeling very unhealthy. This will be a good way to start building a base before the new year.

What is the minimum to count a day?  I've never really run a streak and believe in rest days.  But could running a mile count as a rest day?

After meeting the goal I had for this year, my motivation and weekly mileage have been very low, so this sounds like a fun way to get into the new year!

Seanv2

What is the minimum to count a day?  I've never really run a streak and believe in rest days.  But could running a mile count as a rest day?

After meeting the goal I had for this year, my motivation and weekly mileage have been very low, so this sounds like a fun way to get into the new year!

That's the generally accepted standard for a streak is at least one mile a day.  Some people this running a mile on a rest is stupid, other people think its fun or helps them stay consistent. There's an active run streak community here on RA, you can see it at:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/forum

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

That's an intimidating group!  If this holiday streak works out, maybe I'll think about keeping it going.  I've never tried a streak before, but it might spice things up a bit.

I've struggled with my IT Band for the past few years, so a streak worries me.  Would replacing rest days with a 1-miler be a good plan to start out with?  Using that run just as a way to stretch out may actually help the IT Band (plus it would generally keep me accountable, help me drop a few pounds, and push me to up my WM)!

I'm in.  Let's do this.

Seanv2

That's an intimidating group!  If this holiday streak works out, maybe I'll think about keeping it going.  I've never tried a streak before, but it might spice things up a bit.

I've struggled with my IT Band for the past few years, so a streak worries me.  Would replacing rest days with a 1-miler be a good plan to start out with?  Using that run just as a way to stretch out may actually help the IT Band (plus it would generally keep me accountable, help me drop a few pounds, and push me to up my WM)!

I'm in.  Let's do this.

I am definitely not qualified to answer any questions about whether or not replacing rest days with one milers is a good idea or not.  I know that the last time I had a running streak going I set PRs at every distance, and then I exacerbated an injury by trying to keep the streak alive while hurt.

That was stupid and is why I like this holiday streak idea - it'll get me out the door, but it also has a clear end date.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com