The Olympics random thoughts thread (may contain spoilers) (Read 1310 times)

Options,Account, Forums

Did I see a guy's javelin land past the yellow line? Is that the WR line?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

That's a caution line- you're not supposed to throw past that, lest you spear one of the 5k finalists.

I like running alone.

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Okay, I don't own a TV.  But a friend moved in down the street.  So today, after my 20mi, I went over to watch . . . Gymnastics with a ball or clubs, "free-style" wresting w/o any cool masks, and Women's basket-ball.  Wow, talk about boring (not that women's BBall is boring, but dominating France is boring -- of course, I left after it started, so who knows).

2015 Goals: Chicago Marathon BQ -- don't push it

Current Status 08/23: Not in the shape I want, but healthy just the same.

Options,Account, Forums

...  Wow, talk about boring (not that women's BBall is boring, but dominating France is boring -- of course, I left after it started, so who knows).

So you completely missed the part where one of the players brought a javelin and threw it past the yellow line...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Seemed like nearly all the runners in the men's 5k were wearing the same style of Nikes?

4 x 100 new world record.  USA gave it a great run, but nobody beats Bolt.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject. - S.J.

4 x 100 new world record.  USA gave it a great run, but nobody beats Bolt.

Bolt sure is fast, but he could use a dose of humility. 

Bolt sure is fast, but he could use a dose of humility. 

He can't seem to find anything to be humble about.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject. - S.J.

Great showing by Meb!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Interval Junkie --Nobby

He certainly looked happier than the 3rd placer.

I got a bit worried when he picked up the flag and the Brazilian guy looked like he was right behind him.

2015 Goals: Chicago Marathon BQ -- don't push it

Current Status 08/23: Not in the shape I want, but healthy just the same.

- Lost in Pace - 2016 -

Little surprised to see Gillis finish ahead of Coolsaet for the Canadians in the marathon.

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

Three half marathons later, I got a number. Half Fanatic #9292. :)

Imminent Catastrophe

Meb is the man!

as for Ryan and Abdi...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I got a bit worried when he picked up the flag and the Brazilian guy looked like he was right behind him.

It did kinda look like Dos Santos saw an opportunity for a sucker pass there and decided not to do it since it still wouldn't have meant a medal, but who knows?

EbonyN

Malletgirl02

Did anyone else get a chance to see the 5,000m men's heats on the NBC live feed on line? I saw Mo Farah help the last place finisher in his heat get up after the race. Mo Farah is already awesome, but I think he is even more awesome in that moment.'

Meb is the man!

as for Ryan and Abdi...

Neither blew up.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus