Strange food jags... (Read 807 times)

Ostrich runner

This one is much easier to avoid now that I'm back up North, but country fried steak w/mashed, gravy, and okra with about a gallon of sweet tea.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Marcus, cool to see that I'm not the only one who loves Grape Nuts. I'm a healthy cereal junky, too. Grew up on Grape Nuts, Cream of Wheat, Wheatena, Special K. I really like the Kashi Go Lean cereals, too. About the only sugared cereal I like is PB Capn' Crunch.
      I love Grape Nuts! Haven't had them in a while. I'm currently on Colon Blow, errr, Fiber One (57% daily fiber in one serving). Very Kashi-like. Though I must admit to having a jones for sugared cereals (like the aforementioned Cap'n Crunch). I grew up rarely having them (b/c my mom didn't want me always hopped up on sugar), so when I got to college, I went hog-wild with the huge cereal bins at the dorm. I swear, in the two years I spent in the dorm, I had a bowl (or two) of cereal (usually classic Cap'n Crunch) with every single meal, be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Cereal and lasagna? Hell yeah! I ran a bunch my frosh year, so I did ok, but I definitely put on the "Freshman 15" my sophomore year.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Though I must admit to having a jones for sugared cereals (like the aforementioned Cap'n Crunch).
        I could probably consume an entire box of Lucky Charms in one sitting. Big grin
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I could probably consume an entire box of Lucky Charms in one sitting. Big grin
          Yeah, that was another dorm favorite. Except during Notre Dame week.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Yeah, that was another dorm favorite. Except during Notre Dame week.
            I probably would have switched to Fruity Pebbles then. Love the milk that stuff makes.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I probably would have switched to Fruity Pebbles then. Love the milk that stuff makes.
              Cocoa Crispies (and similar cereals) makes awesome milk.

The Greatest of All Time

Cocoa Crispies (and similar cereals) makes awesome milk.
                Oh yes, forgot about cocoa crispies. The cereal aisle at a grocery store these days just baffles me. Most of it is really just candy in boxes that you may put milk on if you choose to.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The cereal aisle at a grocery store these days just baffles me. Most of it is really just candy in boxes that you may put milk on if you choose to.
                  Remember Cookie Crisp? They didn't even try to cell that crap as cereal. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Remember Cookie Crisp? They didn't even try to cell that crap as cereal. Wink
                    Not that there's anything wrong with that. Those were good.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You need to come to MI when blueberries are in season. We eat a TON of them, then. Good for antioxidants and blue poop! Big grin
                      Been there, done that, will do it again and again if possible. We get MI blueberries down here when they come in, and we buy/freeze them by the 5 lb box. TN blueberries are good too, just not as good. I get them sometimes when I am up in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Canada too. NICE.
                        I really like the Kashi Go Lean cereals, too. About the only sugared cereal I like is PB Capn' Crunch.
                        I love GoLean Crunch too, but decided to look one day, and it's actually got 12 grams of sugar per serving, which turns out to be the same as Lucky Charms. So, while GoLean's definitely got a lot more going for it in terms of fiber and protein, it doesn't really have a lead over sugary cereals in the sugar department. Regular GoLean (not Crunch) is another matter entirely, but it just doesn't taste as good, nor is it as nice and crunchy.
                        Brandon
                        rockintrax

Wow - I am super impressed that almost all of you crave healthy food --- I try to limit soda, candy and such. And my attempting to do so should be completely appreciated as I live on a college campus where "healthy" food is pretty much an illusion. Whenever I get cravings I always want pizza, soda, or popcorn (w/ tons of butter) or buffalo wings.
                          Steph
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love GoLean Crunch too, but decided to look one day, and it's actually got 12 grams of sugar per serving, which turns out to be the same as Lucky Charms. So, while GoLean's definitely got a lot more going for it in terms of fiber and protein, it doesn't really have a lead over sugary cereals in the sugar department. Regular GoLean (not Crunch) is another matter entirely, but it just doesn't taste as good, nor is it as nice and crunchy.
                            That doesn't surprise me, really. That stuff is pretty sweet. I LOVE Raisin Bran Crunch, too...but I don't even look at the label on that stuff--the taste tells me it's too good to be healthy. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow - I am super impressed that almost all of you crave healthy food
                              Ha...I only crave it when we don't have "the good stuff" in the house. If we don't have it on-hand, I can't eat it. DH keeps blowing my will by buying my favorite wine and beer, though...and corn chips and pizza... No

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I just did my recipe tour for Cinco De Mayo and did a Fresh Avocado and Mango Salsa.... Delicious! Super Wal Mart had Mangos for 38 cents each yesterday.... I am now the proud owner of an entire basket of them.... I think Mango Sorbet sounds great..... Wink
                                I am allergic to mangoes...sniff sniff... Cry They are so yummy. I get little poison ivy like blisters down my esophagus.
                                You need to come to MI when blueberries are in season.
                                Zoomy - I will challenge you on the blueberry front...I've lived everywhere, and nobody has better berries than Oregon. Blueberries and especially Hood strawberries.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7