You know you've caught the running bug when... (Read 2175 times)

skinnycaponesugar

* You make a nice dinner for your husband and can't wait for him to get back from work...so he can feed himself and the kids while you go out for a run *You're being looking forward to going out so much that you forget you had Softball training...and only remember when you see your team on the field, as you run pass Shocked * You see runners everywhere, even place where you would have never noticed them before * Your shoe "affinity" has expanded to include running beauties * The first time you see a female runner over 65 is a memorable experience * Your running shoes sit on the bottom shelf of the book case, never on the floor ...... Big grin

Love, Run, Sleep

Lisa3.1

... You're in a hurry

skinnycaponesugar

...walking to the shops seems too slow

Love, Run, Sleep

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

• You scoff at 5ks and start thinking the marathon isn't so crazy a goal • You know what HTFU means and it's a personal mantra • You have more race t-shirts than you know what to do with • You think nothing of getting up hours before the sun to get to the starting line • You can say fartlek without laughing (much)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

kcam

* You make a nice dinner for your husband and can't wait for him to get back from work...so he can feed himself and the kids while you go out for a run *You're being looking forward to going out so much that you forget you had Softball training...and only remember when you see your team on the field, as you run pass Shocked * You see runners everywhere, even place where you would have never noticed them before * Your shoe "affinity" has expanded to include running beauties * The first time you see a female runner over 65 is a memorable experience * Your running shoes sit on the bottom shelf of the book case, never on the floor ...... Big grin
            When you call it "softball training". It's really "practice".
              *You want to join the United States Running Streak Association. Big grin Paul

Big Chicken!

...the school calls to say your DD has fallen off her bike and needs clean clothes, so you decide to strap the little guy into the stroller and use clean clothes for the girlie as an excuse to run on your off day. ...all the doorknobs are taken up by running clothes that are drying out. Big grin ...ALL travel plans involve some sort of race, from 5K to marathon.
                Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
                  You make a nice dinner for your husband and can't wait for him to get back from work...so he can feed himself and the kids while you go out for a run Done that!! Weekly, in fact, so I don't feel so guilty about leaving my boys while I'm running! Tongue

Michelle

eager runner

you spend all day thinking about your run and future runs
                    Go Daddy

*you click on Running Ahead to kill time while running reports at work...and post about it. *you know more dogs in your subdivision than people. *dress shoes are choosen for cushioning and fit BEFORE fashion.
                        after having a cardiac catheritization, you're happy about the good results but more upset you can't run for a week.
                        "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                          When you use precious vacation time from work to go on a run (like I did yesterday).
                            You're finally skinny enough to fit into sexy stuff from Victoria's Secret, but you get more excited when Champion has their semi-annual sale on running bras. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

RookieRider

fyrfytr, I've done that with cycling but you mean it can happen with running too? Shocked I'm so glad I found this place. You people are giving me the boost I needed. TY Smile
                              2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week

A Saucy Wench

...you plan your vacations as race destinations. ..your running wardrobe is more extensive than your dressy wardrobe ...and as I posted in LLR....you wear godawful fugly Crocs in public because they make your achilles feel better

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7