Mizuno Wave Sayonara Pic (Read 963 times)

Hamish911

We're not sensitive ... well I'm not. As long as you're fair.

As for why this wasn't just posted in the Mizuno... thread - i'm not sure. But as stated above - The Sayonara is a new shoe that has come about to replace the precision which will be no more after the current 13th edition. Quite a few people love the precision so would be keen to see whats coming.

Smashy!!!

I like running shoes just fine.  But this thread has been "here's a pic of a shoe" with no descriptors or qualifiers or anything.  Just a pic of a shoe.

Which is just fine.

SRL, I was going to post some commentary about the shoe, but my iPad was running out of batteries, so I posted the pic only. Sorry if I broke any rules. This kind of thing was totally permissible at  RWOL.

PS, my thoughts were totally with you on Sunday and Monday. I hope thing went well for you.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

xor

No no no.  It isn't a rules thing.  No rules.

It is a simple question.

If you post a pic of a shoe without any words whatsoever, it's kind of commonsense that someone might ask "what's the deal on this shoe?"

I did chuckle a bit about BFR's post because there have been a few folks who have already posited that seth must work for mizuno.

Smashy!!!

To me the shoe looks interesting in that you could definitely see it as carrying on in the Precision lineage. The seemless upper, for example. It might just as well have been called the Precision 14. Or you could see it as a totally new shoe. The new midsole material, for example, or the lacing.  Can't wait to try some on.

Smashy!!!

No no no.  It isn't a rules thing.  No rules.

It is a simple question.

If you post a pic of a shoe without any words whatsoever, it's kind of commonsense that someone might ask "what's the deal on this shoe?"

I did chuckle a bit about BFR's post because there have been a few folks who have already posited that seth must work for mizuno.

Didn't Seth disclose that himself on the first post of the Mizuno thread?

xor

Maybe.  That thread is so long I/we didn't read every single post.

Hamish911

Maybe.  That thread is so long I/we didn't read every single post.

lol it was in the very first post of the thread ... he created the thread.

Seth Hasty - mizuno employee.

msg (mizuno shoe guy) - aka Bob "Wish" Wischnia - also mizuno employee (not sure he is on RA forums?)

I don't work for anyone in the shoe industry ... just post about stuff i like and use.

I think that's all Big grin

slodusty

I ran in Ronins for a year or so, and each year they got UGLIER... it was almost like they were trying to see how far they could go before people said "the heck with this." The current white, black and Pepto-Bismol PINK version look like golf shoes for the color blind.

Great shoes, though!

Edit: got so worked up about the ugly colors that I forgot my point: these look nice. Just need to have one subtle color pattern to go with the wild colors. It's worked for Nike, it can work for Mizuno.

Hamish911

I ran in Ronins for a year or so, and each year they got UGLIER... it was almost like they were trying to see how far they could go before people said "the heck with this." The current white, black and Pepto-Bismol PINK version look like golf shoes for the color blind.

Great shoes, though!

The new Ronin 5's are going to be better looking imo

Hamish... you got PINK Ronins??

The new Ronin 5's are going to be better looking imo

---------

Just wanna come out and say although I'm slightly Mizuno biased... I still run in shoes from ALL brands, as I'm a huge shoe nerd and test every shoe I can get my hands on.

Didn't Seth disclose that himself on the first post of the Mizuno thread?

---------

BlackFreeRuns

Just wanna come out and say although I'm slightly Mizuno biased... I still run in shoes from ALL brands, as I'm a huge shoe nerd and test every shoe I can get my hands on.

"slightly biased" right like Che Guevara was slightly Left...  Love how you mizuno shills speak for each other though, "we're not sensitive."  lol  you guys are almost as sweet as the new mizuno colors....

clintmorningwood

These are sweet!

ugh, c-mon man... don't bring  that negative garbage in here.

I'm absolutely not a shill, I'm just a RunningAhead member (been logging miles here since 2009) here to talk running shoes... that HAPPENS to work a bit with Mizuno.  Just a shoe nerd  like most of you.. I'm not here to sway or push any brand on anyone.

"slightly biased" right like Che Guevara was slightly Left...  Love how you mizuno shills speak for each other though, "we're not sensitive."  lol  you guys are almost as sweet as the new mizuno colors....

---------

Feeling the growl again

thats actually both mens and women ya got there

Do these shoe companies do any actual market research before they pick these gawdawful color schemes?  I've always worn my old running shoes as casual shoes once their running miles are over but if they keep up with these color schemes that won't be practical unless I've got a rainbow wig and big red honky nose to complete the outfit.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills