Some Like It Hot (Read 1272 times)

Local water fountains have now joined in the act: nothing like refreshing 80F water bubbling up to your lips.

I always wonder why there are no drinking fountains anywhere.   

- Anya

I had my 2nd most miserable run ever on Saturday. It was 100+ and then it rained for about 5-10 minutes.I headed out right after the rain stopped. I could literally see steam rising from the pavement during my run. I felt like I was running with a hot wet towel over my face. At one point I wished for a car to plow me over. At another I sincerely hoped a dog would attack me. I managed to make it 7 miles, even though there were some nasty hills involved. Afterward I agreed that it really does take a special kind of stupid to run in that. I'm still glad I ran though.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

xor

Reason #153 why I love Seattle:

The water coming out of my pipes is ice freakin cold 11 months out of the year.

I would kill to live out there.  Rain, overcast, cool weather.  Too bad the cost of living is so high.  I used to go there on business and fell in love with the forcast " 100% chance of rain today"    I would live in Scotland, the Pacific NW, or Portland Maine.  

We keep talking about retiring somewhere cool.   

- Anya

Great read. I've been doing the 5AM thing but I'm hoping to get some more afternoon runs in through the rest of the summer.

Reason #153 why that I love Seattle:

Dude, you're writing a book. Fix that bad habit.

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

Dude, you're writing a book. Fix that bad habit.

What's wrong with "the reason why:" ?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

The Reason is Already the Why

Though there is some debate on this point. It always really, really grates on me, though. But I will admit that it's not nearly as bad as "the reason is because...", or (shudder) "the reason why is because...".

xor

It is a fair criticism because I understand and I do it anyway.

In my head, what I really meant...

WHY I LOVE SEATTLE, reason #153: (fill-in)

I chunk things weirdly and fell into an old bad habit that I've understood for a long time.