running on christmas (Read 958 times)

run4fun8910

ok who will running on christmas?
    Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn

#artbydmcbride

I might be. Midnight Mass the evening before (actually out by 11 pm) and not due Christmas day to my Mom's house until noon.....hmmmmm, sounds perfect for a run. I haven't been able to get anyone else I know interested though. They look at me like I'm crazy. Big grin Looks like a solo run.

Runners run

Think Whirled Peas

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to gently request a bit of time from the DW on Christmas to sneak in a 3-5 miler.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

NM - Blush
            Well that was bound to happen. I just logged my husband's run and I forgot that I didn't switch back to my profile. Blush ANYHOW...I doubt I'll be running on Christmas. I usually end up being up until 3:00 a.m. on Christmas Eve. In our house I do the Santa thing and wait out the kids to fall asleep and then do the present and stocking thing. If my eyes pop open at 5:00 a.m. I'll glady step out for a short run. But we're having company at 8:00 a.m. so my time is limited.

Michelle

If I'm not still chopping ice dams off the roof I hope to get out for a run. I could use the break. Unfortunately running's taken a backseat to snow removal this week. I've been shuttling back & forth between my home & the inlaws (they're in India for 4 months) trying to keep ahead of the snow.

Member Since 2008

Christmas will be an easy 2 or 3 miler just to test my presents, if I get any new running gear, Please, Please, Please!!!
                TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Definitely! I run on all the major holidays. If dinner is at 2, I'll be out before 12 for as long a run as I want. Yup, I am not the cook. It's one of my favorite parts of holidays. CRAig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

mikeymike

If I'm not still chopping ice dams off the roof I hope to get out for a run.
                    Good times isn't it? I just got in from today's episode of chopping ice dams. Somehow swinging a hammer from a ladder that's sitting on a lot of snow and ice just doesn't feel right. I doubt I'll run on Christmas day. I have too many kids, and stuff.

Runners run

Depends if Santa brings me some new fangled gizmo...
                        Running on Christmas Morning- 7:00AM with DH. Quick 2.5-3 miler, and back home to drink bubbly and have biscuits and Sausage while opening presents.... A Christmas Tradition~ We made it to another year, and Champagne For Breakfast BEFORE coffee is sooooooo baaaaad...... Evil grin I make Prime Rib for Christmas every year, somehow I will feel slightly less guilty this year about indulging..... Cheffy

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Yup! Hoping to get in 6-8ish miles that morning ... it's just me and J and the cats, and J will gladly sleep in Smile
                          2009: BQ?
                            I WILL BE!!! Exausted as I'll be, it's one of the few days that week I'll be able to run. I'll have to wait until after all the morning xmass stuff is done, right before driving for 2.5 hours to inlaws.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm due for my first 7-miler on Christmas Eve, so Christmas Day will definitely be a rest day for me. I will probably take a leisurely walk around my neighborhood, though, to maintain a tradition I started on my first Christmas here three years ago and to have a little quiet time before my family all pack into my tiny house. Might actually save the walk for evening, since it's supposed to be fairly warm and that will let me enjoy the neighbors' Christmas lights. Happy holiday running, all. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Queen of 3rd Place

Christmas eve for me, too. 10 mi and then pig out for 2 days with both sides of the family Big grin Arla

Ex runner