Sweaty guys help! (Read 1406 times)

what kinds of shirts/underarmour do you wear in really humid weather so you aren't drowning in sweat after a couple miles? 
      it doesn't matter. I'm drowning in sweat regardless what I'm wearing, even if I'm going shirtless.

The shirtless wonder

I wear a shirt that has 0 mass and I still end up drenched if it is humid.  Wink
          ya i'm with you there! but aren't there like technical shirts that are supposed to help?
          mikeymike

Tech shirts absorb less water than cotton.  That's all.

When it's really hot go shirts off, yo.

Runners run

ya i'm with you there! but aren't there like technical shirts that are supposed to help?

Tech shirts will help, but a mere fabric can only do so much.  I've yet to find a solution myself, so I'll watch this thread eagerly.

-------------------------------------
              5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
              10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
              1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
              Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

it doesn't matter. I'm drowning in sweat regardless what I'm wearing, even if I'm going shirtless.

Yup.  I just take pride in how I dripping in sweat.  Plus, I can gross out my kids.

"If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yup.  There are tons of different technical fabrics out there -- every brand has their own name for it.  Most well known is Coolmax.   Any and all will be way way way way way way better than cotton, so if you're running in cotton, get thee to a sporing goods or running store asa[ and get a few tech shirts.

I haven't worn cotton while running since the mid-90's.  In fact, everything I run is technical -- shorts, shirt, socks, and underwear.  It makes a big difference compared to cotton.  You'll still be wet, but you'll be less wet.

Tech shirts absorb less water than cotton.  That's all.

When it's really hot go shirts off, yo.

Maybe I'm drinking the Koolaid, but tech shirts wick moisture away from the skin, which promotes evaporation, and thus, cooling. 

Of course, if it's jungle-humid out there, there's no evaporation and you're just plain hosed.  There's only so much you can do when the atmosphere is saturated and there's no good reason for the sweat to go anywhere but stay on you.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

xor

there's no evaporation and you're just plain hosed.

Indeed.

jdillon334

I don't know of anything that helps and I sweat ALOT. After a 5-6miler in the heat I am drenched all the way through the shirt and if I don't wear a shirt my shorts are drenched. Sometimes if I wear both they are both drenched.

I just get used to being wet.

and if I don't wear a shirt my shorts are drenched. Sometimes if I ...

dont wear either, my shoes are drenched.   is what I was expecting

if you must wear a shirt wear a tech shirt and wring it out after an hour and every half-hour thereafter.  I must have wrung a 1/2 pound of sweat from my shirt today.

The shirtless wonder

At the risk of derailing this thread...

What do you do about sweat getting into your eyes?  When I run the sweat always ends up in my eyes and it burns like crazy.  I think I sweat sulfuric acid.  I end up taking my glasses off and wiping away the sweat but it's not that much of a help.  It is very temporary.

Run in tights with no shirt, or some 1.5" inseam shorts with no shirt.

These "outfits" tend to invite other dangers, though...

an amazing likeness

Sweaty guys help what?  They add smell, that's how they help?

Title of this needs a comma, or something...you know, there's a big difference between:

f**kin a dude  and f**kin a, dude

Just sayin...as they say.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.