Annual Forum Awards (Read 2011 times)

Great idea!! What were your thoughts in regards those of us who are other than runners ( cyclists, etc.)
    I'm all for awards for any group. Some won't cross-over, necessarily (most training miles on a treadmill, most miles on a pair of running shoes), and others will--longest race, most training miles, etc. I suppose you could put a bike on a treadmill, but I don't see how you get much training out of that Wink. I think a category for "Worst Crash" would make for some interest reading. So, just to get it going: Oldest Bike Longest Race Most training miles Worst Crash Most races etc
    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
    Wingz

Professional Noob

As long as we're branching out, how about: Nearest drowning experience Most embarrassing swimsuit story Worst sunburn Longest distance swum without a breath

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Worst sunburn
        I'm no triathlete, but I could win this with my Scandinavian/Scottish heritage, alone...can we say blisters? Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I think I get a couple of those! Bike: 1986. Red Trek Antelope. My friends all make fun of it, but no one offers to help buy me a new one. Tongue Sunburn: I was biking Natchez Trace over the summer (which is a beautiful highway that starts in Mississipi? and ends near Nashville) and I thought it was going to be shady so I wore a running tank-top - the kind which leaves large parts of your neck, shoulders, and back exposed to get crisp and didnt even think about sunblock (its shady, right? And we will only be out a couple hours, right?). Well, no. My back was sooo burnt after a couple hours, I couldnt sleep for a week because everytime I rolled over or the sheet touched it I woke up. And wearing a shirt was so painful! After a week, it finally went from charred to flaking which is the only time I think I have been happy about nasty peeling skin. Why cant I win any of the cool awards???
          Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Maybe an award for anybody who has the latest post in all categories ... I have a few ideas who might win...... Smile Big grin Wink Tongue Clowning around

Running ... just keep running!

Best free running log design. Best running log design. Most featured running log. (does that sound OK in English?) Designer of running logs who stays in touch with the users most consistently.

Running in Belgium
              Ann

Wingz

Professional Noob

Best website customer service? Big grin

madness baby

Oldest running t-shirt* *Must still be in the rotation.
                  deb

Finished!

Oldest running t-shirt* *Must still be in the rotation.
                    LOL - I have one from highschool - my husband says it's indescent because it's so threadbare! Lets just say I've been out of high school for quite some time Big grin
                    Walk + Jog = wog.
                    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                      I officially nominate myself for least likely to wake up in the morning, latest sleeper, bitchiest in the morning. Oh, and most likely to leave an hour late for a race, only to look at the clock and realize it 5 blocks before arriving. (Dont ask - I must have ignored my alarm clocks for an hour??? And not looked at the hour only the minute? Confused)
                      Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL - I have one from highschool - my husband says it's indescent because it's so threadbare! Lets just say I've been out of high school for quite some time Big grin
                        Heh! I have one that my mom got when I was in grade school... so that must have been... um... well... aw, shucks. You can have the award! I'd rather not say. Blush

If we are talking alcoholic beverages, I had two glasses of champaign about -18 minutes from the end of a marathon. It made mile 22 go by rather quickly.
                            Hi everyone, Long time reader, first time poster! I took a look through my log, and I've apparently done 588 miles on the treadmill this year! Shocked That sounds kinda crazy, but maybe it's because sometimes the scenery in the gym is more enjoyable than the scenery outside. Wink
                            va

I took a look through my log, and I've apparently done 588 miles on the treadmill this year!
                              Will there be an Annual Forum Award for most miles on a treadmill? I may try for that next year! Big grin
                                Will there be an Annual Forum Award for most miles on a treadmill? I may try for that next year! Big grin
                                Of course. Right now, it appears that TacoJoe007 is in the lead.
                                My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48