Do you want Garmin Connect API integration for RunningAhead? (Read 1006 times)

Glad to help.  This would be a great feature.  Donation made!  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

eric :)

Thank you Mike and everyone that have contributed!  I know I've been silent on RA for quite a bit lately not because I've been away.  Ironically, it's because I've been too focused on working on RA.  I've made a bunch of changes and enhancements, which turned out to be a rabbit's hole of related changes, thus preventing incremental deployments.  There is also a new service that I'm trying to wrap up.  Only thing that needs to be done is redoing the home page to market it.

I am starting work on the Garmin Connect integration.  I am hoping that Garmin would be generous to waive all or part of the fee once it's ready for deployment.

Thank you all for your continual support.

eric Smile

redleaf

Thank you Mike and everyone that have contributed!  I know I've been silent on RA for quite a bit lately not because I've been away.  Ironically, it's because I've been too focused on working on RA.  I've made a bunch of changes and enhancements, which turned out to be a rabbit's hole of related changes, thus preventing incremental deployments.  There is also a new service that I'm trying to wrap up.  Only thing that needs to be done is redoing the home page to market it.

I am starting work on the Garmin Connect integration.  I am hoping that Garmin would be generous to waive all or part of the fee once it's ready for deployment.

Thank you all for your continual support.

eric Smile

just wanted to add my voice to all the others. I am very grateful for what you do. More than the running (which I still suck at) you've made a place where I've made friends I wouldn't have met otherwise. There is no value I can put on that but I'm sending more money 'cause I know it helps Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

just wanted to add my voice to all the others. I am very grateful for what you do. More than the running (which I still suck at) you've made a place where I've made friends I wouldn't have met otherwise. There is no value I can put on that but I'm sending more money 'cause I know it helps Smile

+1

Also, 1 week from today is the first day of Spring...I started C25k 9 years ago on the first day of Spring.  I discovered RA a month or two later.  I have NO doubt that without RA I would not still be at it.  This place is as much a part of my running as are my shoes.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AnneCA

Done.  Thanks Eric for all you do.

not lazy, just tired

I'm in, too.

I want to add my thanks for all you do here. I'm pretty quiet on here, but I do like poking around (lots of good information) and I love the log. Oh, and I paid the $10 for no adds, but I really don't care about that, so just leave 'em on.

Not if it makes sense.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Done, and special thanks to Eric for all he does for all of us.

TRUST THE PROCESS

I have absolutely no idea what the hell Mikey is talking about. I won't be using whatever gizmo he is describing because I just kinda go outside and run, and outside this phone, my biggest world of technology involves a Zenith with UHF and VHF dials.

BUT...I know that Eric Smileyface busts his butt morning, noon, and night to give us an amazing place where the technodorks, Luddites, speedsters, shufflers, sprinters, ultrarunners, people that do weird stuff besides running (ack! triathletes!), and everyone else can choose to meet up and get great advice about running, discuss favorite beers or other nonsense, or just use an amazing log to better themselves.

Unlike the various places where a lot of people came from, he is not part of some megacorporation trying to make a buck off of us. He is one man (a runner), trying to give us something awesome.

If he needs $26.20 and he feels it will help make this place better, then I'm in.

Loves me some WrigleyGirl.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Exactly!

Donation Done ~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have absolutely no idea what the hell Mikey is talking about. I won't be using whatever gizmo he is describing because I just kinda go outside and run, and outside this phone, my biggest world of technology involves a Zenith with UHF and VHF dials.

BUT...I know that Eric Smileyface busts his butt morning, noon, and night to give us an amazing place where the technodorks, Luddites, speedsters, shufflers, sprinters, ultrarunners, people that do weird stuff besides running (ack! triathletes!), and everyone else can choose to meet up and get great advice about running, discuss favorite beers or other nonsense, or just use an amazing log to better themselves.

Unlike the various places where a lot of people came from, he is not part of some megacorporation trying to make a buck off of us. He is one man (a runner), trying to give us something awesome.

If he needs $26.20 and he feels it will help make this place better, then I'm in.

What's a Zenith?

And, I don't use one of them Garmin doohickeys, but I'll contribute to the cause.

Beyond Eric Smile's amazing tech prowess with all our data, I love the sensible, clean layout of the site - something you don't see very often.

sure, I'm overdue to "throw in".  Thanks Mike for posting and thank you Eric!

anneb

I don't even upload from my garmin anymore, but I might change my mind and start doing it again someday... so I'm in Smile

Anne

jensparks

I never comment on the forums, but have been using RunningAhead since Coolrunning shut down their training logs (2006 maybe?) and Eric made it painless to transfer all our data over from that site so we could have it all in once place.  Been meaning to re-up my paid subscription, thanks for the nudge!

Garmin has come out with the Garmin Connect API, which, among other things, allows users who upload their data to Garmin Connect (via the Garmin Express desktop app, or the Garmin Connect mobile app) to have that data automatically pushed to 3rd party sites like Strava and RA. It's actually super cool--I've been playing around with it since I got a 220 that has bluetooth synch.

LOL Mikey! As if this is English!

Like Wrigs, I care nary an iota about Garmins, but I do love RunningAhead. I was dragged here by Ternt 8 years ago, and being part of this community has transformed my running, led me to friends I've actually even seen IRL, made me laugh, cry, and sometimes feel nauseated, and given me a wealth of info about everything from training, food, and gear to what to do about Dick Hurt in the Cold Morning.

All that is seriously worth AT LEAST $26.20.

Yay Eric !!

Ojo

Done

And little did I know that my subscription was about to expire, so that was done too.

Thank you!

Sara

MM #2929