I have to give up running (Read 1416 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My Garmin 305 does not connect with the cradle.  The pins are clean.  All the wires are connected properly.  It worked yesterday.  A soft reset did nothing.

Imminent Catastrophe

That's just bad timing.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Did you try the reset on www.garmin.com?  I had to do that a couple of times with my 205.

Slo

My Garmin 305 does not connect with the cradle.  The pins are clean.  All the wires are connected properly.  It worked yesterday.  A soft reset did nothing.

Trent

Not sure what your cleaning the contacts (pins) with but I would hit both the cradle and the back of the garmin using the RED (not white) eraser from a pencil. If you already know this...my apologies.....many people don't though.

Is this on your puter and on outlet power?  If you have it plugged into the wall, does it at least display "battery charging in progress"?

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I sent a support request.

The reset did nothing.

The pins are shiny and clean.

I don't even get the battery charging message.

Me too, I lost my garmin cradle sometime on my recent India trip, and now I have no idea how I am going to run tomorrow's half, and a couple of other races I have planned this month.  I do have a bike computer thing on my hybrid, so maybe I'll take up that sport.
                mikeymike

This is a great opportunity for you.  You are free!

Runners run

I sent a support request.

The reset did nothing.

The pins are shiny and clean.

I don't even get the battery charging message.

My co-worker had this happen.  Hopefully, Garmin is still replacing units.

C-R

Well running is stupid afterall.

Try a hard reset. Also check the cradle pins to see if they have voltage when connected using a multi meter. Also you can ohm the data ports to see if its an open circuit. At least it will confirm either the cradle or the Garmin. Beyond that I've got nothing.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is a great opportunity for you.  You are free!

I know, right!  I have wasted so much time on this running thing.  No more!  I am free Smile

I'm right there with ya Trent! I'll be losing the borrowed Garmin today so no more running *sigh* My Garmin's problem is something to do with the battery connection. It will turn on and charge in the cradle but once taken off the cradle NOTHING. I have crappy luck with Garmins.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Best Present Ever

I don't think it's enough to stop running.  I think this would call for wailing and rending of garments at least.
                            L Train

I know, right!  I have wasted so much time on this running thing.  No more!  I am free Smile

Since you're free this morning, you should probably go eat a bagel. 

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Now you can move on to bigger and better things, like trolling the forums!