Why Hello! (Read 755 times)

Well I wasn't going to introduce myself but after hanging around for a bit and seeing such great posts I think I will say hi. Well I have been a competetive athlete my entire life but after injuries in College I was faced with trying to exercise all on my own which I had done a great job at and even completed a couple of triathlons. After having a couple of injuries over the last couple of years I really began to gain a little weight and I have just become unhappy. Well I have decided that I want to become active again. I have done a lot of research and starting Dec. 1st I will be starting the C25K program. I really want to set my ego asside and take this slow so I can avoid injuries and make this a long lasting habit. Well with all of that being said I look forward to chatting and learning with all of you experienced runners. If anyone has any advice I look forward to hearing it. Thanks!
    Goals- Complete C25K Complete OHR Complete Marathon
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, Ryan--welcome. C25k is great...I think you will really be happy getting started that way. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

... I really want to set my ego asside and take this slow so I can avoid injuries and make this a long lasting habit.
        Hi Ryan, and welcome to RA! My advice to you: Follow your own words above - wise strategy. Throw your questions out there, and also go through the thread archives. There is a TON of information contained on the site from every ability level. No fear here, this is a great site with great folks contributing. Have fun and good running!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Welcome! Since you are going to embark on C25K, I suggest joining us in the C25K group. It's people who are in various stages of the program and some who have finished. Check out the link in my signature and come say hello! C25K is a really good way to pace yourself and get into running again. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Ringmaster

Hi, Ryan, and welcome to RA! I never followed the formal C25K, but I did start by walking and slowly started running. Slow and steady is the way to go. I hope you do discover in running a lifetime habit and, in RA, a community of friends. We're glad to have you! K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

I really want to set my ego asside and take this slow so I can avoid injuries and make this a long lasting habit.
              I have never done C25K, but know that many many in RA started with it and all swear by it. I have read thru it and can tell you that even though it starts very easy, it builds pretty quickly. You are very wise to "Set your ego asside and take it slow' because that attitude alone will most assuredly guarantee success. Most beginners blow it by trying to run too fast, to far or to much....and C25K keeps you from doing all three if you follow it religiously.. Ask a lot of questions in Running Ahead (when you need to). There are scores of great runners that will give you some excellent advice (I know I have gotten a lot of sound information from other RA runners). Good luck with C25K and keep us posted and if we can assist you - let us know.... Smile Big grin Wink Tongue

Champions are made when no one is watching

Run the race God set B4U

Hi Ryan! Welcome, just take it nice and easy and good luck with the program, keep us posted! You will get alot of great advice here, RA'ers Rock!!!!!
                5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                  Wow! Thank you for all of the kind words. I will try and keep everyone posted on my progress. Thanks again.
                  Goals- Complete C25K Complete OHR Complete Marathon

jfa

You found the right place Ryan ! Everything that you need to know can be found here. A lot of us are C25k grads so we know all about it. Ask often and there's a great search button on the upper right. Good Luck!!!

Member Since 2008

Welcome Ryan. Have fun.