Texas Independence Relay (Read 3309 times)

DAMN!! If I wasn't looking at going to NC in April I'd be all over this! *sigh*
    This event is in March Big grin ---------------------------------------------------------------- The more people we have the shorter the total run durations per person will be. Also, I am assuming we will have drivers (family, friends, other RAers) who are not running this event. I would like everyone to have a top with the RA logo on it for at LEAST the prologue or epilogue. Eric said he could get us a batch of RA shirts at a discount.

Vim

This event is in March Big grin ---------------------------------------------------------------- The more people we have the shorter the total run durations per person will be. Also, I am assuming we will have drivers (family, friends, other RAers) who are not running this event. I would like everyone to have a top with the RA logo on it for at LEAST the prologue or epilogue. Eric said he could get us a batch of RA shirts at a discount.
      Sweet. As far as transportation, are we thinking about pitching in and renting a big van? Regarding family/crew, don't count on any from here, I'll probably be solo that weekend. I would be interested in driving/carpooling down with the Dallas area runners, though. Yeah, I think we need to plan for 10-12 runners. 8 runners would mean 25-30i miles per person and more if someone gets injured. I sent an email to a few people at work and Oliver has said he may want a spot. Oliver ran El Scorcho this summer, Tim. I'll talk to him tomorrow and get him to send you an email.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

As far as transportation, are we thinking about pitching in and renting a big van?
        Yes, we will rent two vans from Capps van rental. One of these vans will be rented in Dallas (near Love Field) and the other in Houston (or San Antonio or Austin).

Vim

Yes, we will rent two vans from Capps van rental. One of these vans will be rented in Dallas (near Love Field) and the other in Houston (or San Antonio or Austin).
          I was wondering about the van rental and how that would work. I even debated on driving down (so we could use my van) to spare my nerves from flying, but that's a LONG drive...and my van would end up very stinky at the end of the relay. Do runners have to be 18? I couldn't find that in the rules. I'm asking because my oldest son won't be 18 till June but he'd be a good backup if we don't get enough runners. Just a thought to tuck away, just in case.

Michelle

Non ducor, duco.

Okay, Ill run in a shirt for the beginning and/or end.
              Do runners have to be 18?.
              Nope.
              Hey Tim, We do have restrictions, but I don’t think you’ll run into any troubles. They basically are: 1. Children under 18 need parental consent on the waiver. 2. If a team is mostly made of participants under 18 (like a high school XC team), we require at least 2 adults in each van. That’s basically it. Last year, we had a boy scout troop run it with their dads, and we also had a team that had a mother-and-daughter combo (and the daughter was 11 years old). Both experiences went very well. If these don’t quite capture your situation (but I bet they do), let me know, and we’ll take a look at it. Thanks - While we like all the team captains, we particularly like the ones who are ahead of the curve like this! jay

Vim

That's good to know. So, if we need him he'd be more than happy to run (of course that means I'll end up paying his portion too, but that's okay, I like him enough!). He's a good kid and a pretty tough athlete, he'd enjoy it. Thanks for finding out. Smile

Michelle

AroundTheHorn

Still need runners? If so, I'm in!
                  Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
                    Still need runners? If so, I'm in!
                    Yep. Awesome. Send Tim/Modal an email to the address he posted on page 1 of this thread.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

AroundTheHorn

Done
                      Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.

Non ducor, duco.

I got this video from a friend who ran this last year Looks like fun! They are in the moo singlets which I personally think are awesome.

Non ducor, duco.

Tim The check is in the mail. Fer real. Big grin
                            Any changes in our team yet? Do we have a final count?

Michelle

Any changes in our team yet? Do we have a final count?
                              I just sent you a list. We still have spots available.

Vim

I just sent you a list. We still have spots available.
                                Got it. Thanks.

Michelle