Wet weather headgear (Read 1037 times)

Can anyone tell me where I can find a water repellant running hat for all this damp, winter weather? I have never had one, and I know that I have seen them in like Tail Running ads and things. Just something that is more windproof than the mesh style ones, and that would repel the dampness from light rain and snow. I appreciate the help Big grin
    "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it would be worth it."
      HTFU you big sissy it's just a little water Big grin JK Can't help on how good it is but you can find one here http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/TGU147/crosssell/
      protoplasm72

I have a smartwool hat that I wear in all conditions when the temps are below freezing. Sometimes it gets soaked but it's never a problem. Still keeps you warm enough without over heating.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a smartwool hat that I wear in all conditions when the temps are below freezing. Sometimes it gets soaked but it's never a problem. Still keeps you warm enough without over heating.
          Yep, I have a couple of synthetic hats like this...they don't really keep my head "dry," but they keep it warm and wick sweat away--and keep my ears warm, which is the biggest priority up here.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HTFU you big sissy it's just a little water Big grin JK Can't help on how good it is but you can find one here http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/TGU147/crosssell/
            How many HTFU points does one get for running in the rain when its 10-20 degrees? Wink I have considered wool, but I just figured a little feedback wouldn`t hurt. Thanks guys!
              ^^ Around here when it is wet at 10-20 degrees we call it SNOW!! Smile My worst weather (and where I haven't HTFU) is 35-40 degree rain. I just can't do it. Dreadmill time....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

^^ Around here when it is wet at 10-20 degrees we call it SNOW!! Smile My worst weather (and where I haven't HTFU) is 35-40 degree rain. I just can't do it. Dreadmill time....
                Yeah...if it's 10-20º it ain't rain! But I've run in that 35-40º stuff, even in a downpour. It's really not bad. That hot shower afterwards feels REALLY good, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I can tell you that the ONE thing that well send me to a TreadMill faster then anything is RAIN (in fact - if you look at my running log, you can see the rain days because all rain day entries are TM entries).... I hate to run in the ran even more then I hate to run on a TM - water beads up on my glasses and I cant see a thing.....(but thats just me)... Surely you can Goolge Wet Weather Headgear for runners or outdoor sports and get a number of good ideas....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Surely you can Goolge Wet Weather Headgear for runners or outdoor sports and get a number of good ideas.... That`s what I thought. I spent half a day looking around on the web and didn`t get any where. Lot`s of wool though. So, I`m thinking that may be the way to go. I HATE running on the cold rain. Like most, it`s great in the summer and all. But it makes me feel really miserable when it gets down in the 30`s and 40`s. I`m training for a March marathon, so I figure that cold, wet, winter runs are going to be unavoidable. I might as well be prepared and HTFU!
                      How many HTFU points does one get for running in the rain when its 10-20 degrees? Wink Thanks guys!
                      I would think a lot , thats hardcore, and l I get About 0 Big grin, I live in south TX, it's about 60 now, heat on the other hand I can offer advise on. Anything below 50 is chilly Embarrassed

Giant Flaming Dork

Speaking of JK, where did the big hairy gorilla go?

http://xkcd.com/621/

Prince of Fatness

My worst weather (and where I haven't HTFU) is 35-40 degree rain. I just can't do it. Dreadmill time....
                          Heh. I guess you need to give me some HTFU points then, 'cause I was out in that crap earlier. 35 degrees, windy, and luckily only moderate rain. It's supposed to get real nasty later tonight. I wore my wick id cap. It was cold, but I figured that a cloth hat would just get wet anyway. No tights, just shorts. The trick was the hefty bag. I put that over my upper body and it kept my core nice and dry. I put my amphipod xinglet over the bag, which kept it from flapping around. It wasn't pretty, but I got 5 miles in. And yeah Zoom, the hot shower afterward felt good.

Not at it at all. 

dennrunner

Can anyone tell me where I can find a water repellant running hat for all this damp, winter weather? I have never had one, and I know that I have seen them in like Tail Running ads and things. Just something that is more windproof than the mesh style ones, and that would repel the dampness from light rain and snow. I appreciate the help Big grin
                            I've been using a Gore-tex lined cap for years in wet or cold weather. I use it with a headband to cover my ears when needed. I bought it from RoadRunner Sports, but they don't appear to be carrying it right now. However, ZombieRunner has one nearly identical. http://www.zombierunner.com/store/categories/new_products/product1933.html
                              Thank you dennrunner. That is exactly what I need! Big grin
                              dennrunner

jkw0989, I just received an email with a ZombieRunner discount code for 14% off through December 19th. If you happen to check back on this thread (and are planning on making a purchase), you can use the following code: HOHOHO dennrunner