at another runner's forum site.. (Read 1924 times)

De-slacking in progress

At a rather large well known running magazine's website, I look at their forum once in awhile. Those people over there are merciless. I'd be afraid to even ask for advice or even mention what I was doing training wise. For every one good response, there are 1,000 elitist snobs jumping down your throat. That why I love this site- it's more Confused civil and people are willing to help you. At least when you need motivated, I know I can go read some race reports an get inspired Smile

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

What I like about this site is its very personal nature. People here are interested in others as people not just interested in the technicalities of running.
        What I like about this site is its very personal nature. People here are interested in others as people not just interested in the technicalities of running.
        You've got it Chris......And I know that i have gotten a lot of GREAT advice from a lot of runners in RA aslo..and in the process, you really start to feel as if the people in here are also friends...

Champions are made when no one is watching

Yes alot of running sites are less about running and more about clicks. Like you said if you try to get actual running info you get made to feel like you are a stupd fool!!!! Guess I speak from a little experiance of a person that has been burned on them a few times.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

At a rather large well known running magazine's website, I look at their forum once in awhile. Those people over there are merciless. I'd be afraid to even ask for advice or even mention what I was doing training wise. For every one good response, there are 1,000 elitist snobs jumping down your throat. That why I love this site- it's more Confused civil and people are willing to help you. At least when you need motivated, I know I can go read some race reports an get inspired Smile
            And...if it's the same site I'm thinking it is (ie the one that uses an older version of Eric's awesome log), there are approximately eleventy-meellion separate forums, some very redundant. It's impossible to navigate the place. Too big and cumbersome. The user groups here help keep RA from being too cluttered with every unique interest area.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I know what you're talking about!
              I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock

Queen of 3rd Place

Sure...it's all sweetness and light...until someone rick-rolls you... Tongue Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sure...it's all sweetness and light...until someone rick-rolls you... Tongue
                  No one here would ever do such a thing... Shy

~ Sarah Kay

And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trust me
                      Ow, my retinas are bleeding...BLEEDING, I tells ya'! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

I only need RA. I don't need nothing else. Except maybe this ashtray...
                        Do bears bear? Do bees be?
                        xor

And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And mah beer...Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

De-slacking in progress

I only need RA. I don't need nothing else. Except maybe this ashtray...
                              one of my favorite movies Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

At a rather large well known running magazine's website, I look at their forum once in awhile. Those people over there are merciless. I'd be afraid to even ask for advice or even mention what I was doing training wise. For every one good response, there are 1,000 elitist snobs jumping down your throat. That why I love this site- it's more Confused civil and people are willing to help you.
                                you haven't been here long have you? LMAO.

Jennifer mm#1231