Looking cool while triangulating (Read 744 times)

Gig

When my runs start from my office or from where I take my karate classes, I need to do the Garmin pose--holding my arm in the air so that the satellites orbiting 100 to 5,000 miles overhead are a few feet closer. The problem is that it just doesn't look cool, and so much of running is about looking cool. I've come up with two ways to look cool while triangulating. 1. Hold up a random object (a toothbrush case works best), pretend to click a button, thus summoning Ultraman. 2. Hold up a towell as if attempting to hitch a ride with a passing spaceship. 3. Act like I'm Hiro from Heroes by yelling "Yatta!" Any other ideas?
      I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Runners will know what you are doing and not really think about it.... Non- Runners already think you're weird (cause you're a runner) -- so all you're doing is proving to non-runners that its true.....Yes....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Slow Runner

Wear a watch not a computer...
          How about putting your garmin on the windowsill for a few minutes before heading out the door, works for me at home and work. Does eliminate the cool factor though. You could always get the foam Statue of Liberty hat and roll up some aluminum foil for your torch, that would be cool.
          Ben Running

I put mine outside on the front porch while i finish up inside and get ready to run, by the time i get back to it it's all ready to push start!
              LOL ..... Thought same thing a few nights back at park waiting for Garmin. Bar ... Bar ... Bar ... hmmm .....No I have to stretch or something .... Bar .... Bar ..... Look up at sky as to get some clue of why the satelite can not find me! .... bar .... bar ..... screw it I am running the satelite will catch up.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Slow Runner

If you can't run without depending on a satellite to pick up your location first, then you have bigger problems...
                Ben Running

If you can't run without depending on a satellite to pick up your location first, then you have bigger problems...
                  Obviously we can all run without it. I can get by without my truck if i had to and a cell phone as well but some of us enjoy using modern technology. Dont be a hater! Tongue
                  Gig

You could always get the foam Statue of Liberty hat and roll up some aluminum foil for your torch, that would be cool.
                    Now that's what I'm talking about. That would be SO COOL. Cool When I wear my all white running clothes with shiny rhinestones, I could do the John Travolta Saturday Night Fever pose. (I just need to get an all white running outfit with rhinestones.)

an amazing likeness

I go for the 'proud and tall' pose with my arms folded across my chest, Garmin side up. Unmoving, unwavering in the face of whatever is coming so that I don't make any microscopic twitches and throw the Forerunner off its task of hearing unknown signals from the heavens. Except for maybe a tear running down my cheek like the pollution indian chap.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I go for the 'proud and tall' pose with my arms folded across my chest, Garmin side up. Unmoving, unwavering in the face of whatever is coming so that I don't make any microscopic twitches to throw the Forerunner off its tasks of hearing unknown signals from the heavens. Except for maybe a tear running down my cheek like the pollution indian chap.
                        nice

#artbydmcbride

Take it off of your wrist and set it on top of your head for a minute. And look around all nonchalant with squinty eyes like the Marlboro man. Smile

Runners run

so much of running is about looking cool.
                            sho nuff.

xor

This is a very bad ass way to look cool. Of course, they had bigger issues at the time than whether their Garmin could find the signal. Plus, I guess they were done running by this point.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey, I never knew they had GPS in '68!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016