Running Game - Running Below Zero Degrees Fahrenheit (Read 1466 times)

I don't think anyone said windchill doesn't matter, it just doesn't count for the game.
      I don't think anyone said windchill doesn't matter, it just doesn't count for the game.
      Wow. Seriously? Um... ok. When I used the phrase "windchill doesn't matter" it was in the context of this thread which was about the game. Therefore I foolishly thought that it would be obvious that my using the phrase "windchill doesn't matter" would then be taken in the context of the game. Just in case anyone else is not on the whole contextual reading train I'll clarify. It is my belief that there are times when the difference between the air temperature and the windchill temperature are great enough, and that the experience of a runner in those conditions is much closer to the windchill temperature than the air temperature that, in my opinion, windchill temperature should be a consideration in those situations as it applies to this game.
      And who am I anyway?
      Just another fat jogger, evidently.
      Frank4

6 miles this morning, air temp. of -3, windchill of -19...but a GREAT run. As long as you're dressed for it, this type of weather isn't that big of a deal. Particularly when I have a sh#@y run like I did last night, I love going out the next morning and running one that really feels good and reminds me of why I do this.
          Wow. Seriously? Um... ok.
          Lighten up, it's just a game. I suspect that being from Toronto, you'll have plenty of opportunity to join without the added crutch of a wind chill. Besides, wind chill is allowed,what will it be next? Degrees Centigrade? Tom
            18 miles this morning. 0*F at the start (the temp dropped as the day went on). -20+F wind chill (not that it counts Wink). Actually, it was pretty enjoyable. Well, until my eyelashes froze to the ice on my eye brows! And my gatorade became a slushy.
            Dave
            "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
            --- Clarence DeMar
              Thanks to everyone for adding your comments, it has remainded warm recently (all of the 10-25 degree temps) Anyway, 5 miles this morning at a balmy -2, minimal wind though which made it bearable. By the end I did have a few nice icy spots on my hat. Smile

12-week layoff

I would have had to run 79 miles today to earn one point. Count me out. In March, can I start earning points for each degree above 85*?
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

I would have had to run 79 miles today to earn one point. Count me out. In March, can I start earning points for each degree above 85*?
                  Ugh, I think you deserve points for running if it's 78!!! Shocked

12-week layoff

I had to run on the treadmill today. On the plus side, I got to put the top down on my convertible. When it's 90 degrees on Halloween, I remember days like this.