More miles than degrees club (Read 3880 times)

-8 degrees, 12 miles.  I'd still rather run in 0 degrees than 100 degrees. #tryingtobepositive

23 degrees warmer here than you had.  No badge for me.  Or #nobadgeforme

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

Cheap and Evil Girl

Aaaaaand...I'm out of the club.  

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.  

"Mental toughness is built by doing something that is hard over and over again, especially when you don't feel like doing it. Our society has conditioned us to believe that there should be no discomfort, to stop when we are uncomfortable. But the discomfort we feel when we're doing a challenging workout is an important part of the strengthening process." -Jim Afremow, The Champion's Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive

Yay!  LL, NR, see you here next year (and not before, God willing)!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

10.9 miles / 8 degrees. On March 6th, ffs.

Runners run.

Cheap and Evil Girl

Aaaaand....I'm back in the club.  Waaaah!  12 miles, 3 degrees.

"Mental toughness is built by doing something that is hard over and over again, especially when you don't feel like doing it. Our society has conditioned us to believe that there should be no discomfort, to stop when we are uncomfortable. But the discomfort we feel when we're doing a challenging workout is an important part of the strengthening process." -Jim Afremow, The Champion's Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive

Aaaaand....I'm back in the club.  Waaaah!  12 miles, 3 degrees.

I was wondering, considering where you live and how long your runs are.  Um, welcome back?

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

Cheap and Evil Girl

I'm going out for a second run this afternoon, so at least I only spent a few hours back here.  It has warmed up considerably and the sun is out.

Forecast looks promising for the next 7 days too.  Maybe this will be my last entry....

-8 degrees, 12 miles.  I'd still rather run in 0 degrees than 100 degrees. #tryingtobepositive

100 degrees beats the hell out of below zero weather.  I've had it with this hell hole! 

spinach

I stayed in today only if we measure temperature in celsius, so some progress has been made.

Cheap and Evil Girl

Got a foot of snow here yesterday, and woke up this morning to single digits temps.  Slogged through a 12 mile run at 3 degrees.  Anyone else unlucky enough to be in the club today?

Got a foot of snow here yesterday, and woke up this morning to single digits temps.  Slogged through a 12 mile run at 3 degrees.  Anyone else unlucky enough to be in the club today?

No way.... 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

spinach

It is 48° right now and I am happy to say I am no where near being in the club!

spinach

I am back in.  It was around 5 this morning and I did 15.  Not happy and I think the accumulated cold of the winter made this run feel that much colder.

Cheap and Evil Girl

I'm back too.  13 miles, 5 degrees.  I keep hoping it's the last time I post here.

Cheap and Evil Girl

13 miles, 7 degrees.  What the hell.