What ever happened to COOLRUNNING afterall? (Read 2434 times)

On the other hand, here I get to pay tribute to the great Cheesy.
    Watching him "stickhandling" across his blue line was a thing of beauty, that was always good for pumping your blood pressure up a bit. Damnit Cheevers get back in the net!

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

finney

Resident pinniped

I too used to post at CR and now I find it a huge disappointment. However, to be fair, my posting there was down quite a bit towards the end for other reasons. Disrespect and discourtesy seemed to be getting a little pervasive over there, in some certain forums worse than others and it got to be a bit much. I don't consider myself overly sensitive but there are PEOPLE behind these keyboards and there are some things you just don't say. Well, they got said. After posting about a recurrent injury and what the poster had tried, a beginner suffering from shin splints explained why a certain thing hadn't worked and was told "If you're not going to listen to those of us that have been there, I hope you continue to get injury upon injury or that you get flattened in the road so that we don't have to listen to your constant whining". Confused Surprised No Who says that? Some of the flames over there got to be a BIT much, even when the person deserved it. Not everyone gets along all the time here but it's nothing like that. I also haven't seen those people who were doing the worst of it over here either, unless they've adopted new user names and cleaned up their mouths a little.
      PWL

Has been

Disrespect and discourtesy seemed to be getting a little pervasive over there...
        Disrespect and discourtesy like dropping the n-word on a public running forum? Or maybe disrespect and discourtesy like this...
        Well, a lot of times you come off snarky, holier than thou, and judgemental. In fact, most of the time.
        or like this...
        Everyone here isn't a Big Elite Doctor. Sorry if us peons exasperate you. Maybe you should go find a more suitable crowd to preside over.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Lazy idiot

I see what you did there, PWL. Wink

Tick tock

finney

Resident pinniped

Disrespect and discourtesy like dropping the n-word on a public running forum?
            Like obsessing and following people around forums? Or taking people's posts out of context? Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I did not call anyone the N-word. I didn't say I used it or advocated its use. I was explaining how it is an INSULT that has been appropriated by the people it was directed at so that it could no longer be used to shame them. I then made a comparison to the word queer (used in the post title which, ironically, you seem to have no problem with, because it's a "queer" who used it...hmmm....wasn't that my original point?) which is used the same way. You've just done an amazing job of illustrating the exact point I was trying to make. Your argument is deeply flawed. If you think that your petty mud slinging is going to run me off, it won't, but thanks for playing. [Also, there is such a large difference between using a derogatory word in ANY context and wishing someone harm that the two are mutually exclusive]
            finney

Resident pinniped

I see what you did there, PWL. Wink
              I believe your avatar mocks Middle Easterners, does it not? So then it could be constued as disrespectful, stereotyping, racial profiling and oh...I dunno...RACIST? Careful what bandwagon you're so quick to jump on.
              JakeKnight

You. Must. Be. Kidding.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Disrespect and discourtesy like dropping the n-word on a public running forum? Or maybe disrespect and discourtesy like this... or like this...

Lazy idiot

I believe your avatar mocks Middle Easterners, does it not? So then it could be constued as disrespectful, stereotyping, racial profiling and oh...I dunno...RACIST? Careful what bandwagon you're so quick to jump on.
                    I just like Jeff Dunham. He's funny. Does my avatar offend you? Roll eyes MTA: Silence! I keeel you! Tongue Wink Big grin Smile

Tick tock

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I like your avatar. I like Jeff Dunham. Very talented and hilarious! Wink
                      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wait. Does that mean all terrorists Middle Easterners? I want to make sure I understand correctly.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

SILENCE! I keel you! Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wait. Does that mean all terrorists Middle Easterners? I want to make sure I understand correctly.
                              You know...did was born in Cairo, so he's sort of a Middle Easterner by birth. He also speaks some Arabic and his dad could fluently read it and speak it (Prof. of Middle Eastern History). I married a terrorist! Shocked He's going to bomb the world with bicycle parts and spandex! Be afraid...be very afraid! Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

He's going to bomb the world with bicycle parts and spandex!
                                Um, that's funny.

Tick tock