Facebook Integration (Read 5812 times)

Are there any thoughts to provide a facebook "app" so that I can share my logs on my facebook page, maybe enter my workouts from that page, etc... Here is something you can look at (this application is horrible btw). http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2252436418&b b

Goals: 20:00 5K, 3:30 Marathon, Finish Marathon, 4:00 Marathon, Finish IronMan, 45:00 10K

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Brant, if you go into your Training Log > Tools > Scripts you can find code to display on your Facebook page. That's what I've done with my blog. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I tried those scripts but I don't think Facebook allows you to enter JavaScript elements.

Goals: 20:00 5K, 3:30 Marathon, Finish Marathon, 4:00 Marathon, Finish IronMan, 45:00 10K

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...I had similar problems with a Delphi blog--so I moved my blog to Blogger, LOL. I think MySpace has similar issues, unfortunately. Hopefully Eric will be along with some ideas. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

Hi Brant, It is definitely something I want to get to. Since it's another technology that I have to learn, I need to wait until I'm done with GPS upload first. In the meanwhile, if someone can volunteer to do some research on it to save me some time, it would be greatly appreciated. eric Smile
              One thing that would help is if you could put together an API for your site. The scripts are fine but they are hard to parse. For example instead of document.write('
              My latest workouts
              6/12/2007
              Bike: 41:07
              6/9/2007
              Run: 7 km
              6/8/2007
              Run: 9 km
              Powered by RunningAHEAD
              '); Have a URL I could hit that would return a list of the last 5 workouts and return <workouts> <workout> <date>6/12/2007</date> <type>Bike</type> <time>41:07</time> <distance>7</distance> </workout> </workouts>

mypsace doesn't allow javascript coding in their profiles. From their profile editor section: "You may enter HTML/DHTML or CSS in any text field. Javascript is not allowed. " I'm not techie enough to know a work around for this... anyone got an idea? I think Facebook integration is an excellent idea, plus a great way to get more people involved in Running Ahead.
                Team Cross Runs more than just a running blog!

Sine Metu

Check out this one, though: http://apps.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2427508494&b&ref=pd Not because it's good or anything, but just because it has a discussion topic called: "runningahead.com is a much better running log site" Hahaha, I love it. A facebook app for RA would be huge, though.

A lot of pressure in the middle of those shoulders / And we ain't gettin nothing but older / Ain't nothing change but the day we run from / But nobody knows that better than you,huh

Another vote here to get RA feed onto my Facebook profile. Facebook and SN applications that can be your central portal on the web, integrating your other dynamic sites like blogs and logs are the way of the future, the present even. I'm a bit envious of the folks who have got LogMyRun feeds into their Facebook profile, but I have now got RA brand loyalty and would never be so fickle as to change for that reason. Eric will find a way!
                      app for facebook would be very handy - vote from me!
                        I saw that mapmyrun.com use an html-element called "iframe" to integrate maps to userblogs, for example <iframe> Perhaps that´s an opportunity, when you can´t use JavaScript.</iframe>

Grand Master Funk

I also vote for this feature. And if you could challenge other FB users (ie first to log 50 miles, etc) ... that would be cool... really really cool.
                          seeEricaRun

Awesome

I've been watching this thread, hoping for some hot Facebook action. I would also like to vote for Facebook integration. I just want everyone there to know how much I rock (or not, depending on the week).
                              I did some light recon on Facebook development. Their documentation on APIs, FQL, FBML is pretty straightfoward. The challenge is probably learning php. Tongue http://developers.facebook.com/documentation.php
                                This once again comes down to the closed nature of RunningAhead. There seems like there's a pool of technical people out there who could use an actual RH API (rest, soap, xml-rpm, pick your poison), and then the community could put our own apps together. Instead we wait all year for Eric to implement a single feature just for GPS users (and I'm guessing just forerunner users at that). sigh.