Your running wardrobe (Read 1209 times)

I'm curious how extensive people's running wardrobes are. This is partly because I just moved north to NYC this year, and I feel I need to buy more stuff as I my wardrobe is probably lacking. I'm mainly thinking of buying some Underarmour-esque stuff. Anyways, here's mine: 2 Shorts (Reebok something) 2 Track pants (Adidas revolution) 3 LS technical shirt (NB something) 1 Water-resistant Jacket (Asics Storm Shelter) Some crappy glove I bought at K-mart I'll probably replace Bunch of random cotton t-shirts So show me yours.
    protoplasm72

I've got a lot of stuff. I don't really know the exact quantities or brands. 5-6 pairs of shorts ~10 short sleeve tech shirts ~5 long sleeve tech shirts 3 long sleeve half zip tech shirts 1 pair mesh pants 1 pair thin tights 1 pair thick tights 1 pair loose wind proof pants 2 half zip tech fleeces 1 water proof shell that I never actually wear lots of socks 2 hats, a ski mask, 2 pairs of gloves, ski goggles for running in snow storms I've got a lot of biking and triathlon clothing too.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

jeffdonahue

4 pairs of shorts - mostly wear just one because the others are so old they chaffe more - new ones are raceready shorts 9 technical short sleeve shirts from races 2 technical singlets 1 pair of long running tights 15 pairs running socks - many need to be replaced 2 running jackets 1 hat 1 pair of gloves, with recent addition of glove liner 1 ipod 1 face mask for really cold days (like today) 1 HR monitor 1 fuel belt (dont really use any more)
          I've just slowly acquired a bunch of random stuff. Some of it probably should be retired. I've got about 7 pairs of shorts. Two of those RaceReady shorts for my very long runs and marathons. One pair of lightweight tights that I seldom wear since it doesn't get that cold here. I couldn't tell you how many shirts I have. I started with two short sleeve tech shirts from Target when I started running, but now I've collected a lot of other shirts from expos, races, etc. Probably an equal number of short and long sleeve shirts. I've got two hats. One Nike Dri-Fit my girls gave me and a free one from Saturn for stopping at their booth at the White Rock expo. I've never worn it. I have a cheap pair of cotton gloves from Wal-Mart. I think those were less than a dollar. I mostly wear those to wipe my running nose on cold runs. My hands don't get that cold after I've warmed up. I only have three pairs of Balega socks. I don't know why I don't have more because I can never find a clean pair when it is time for a run. I've got one cheap short sleeve compression shirt from Academy that I'll wear as an underlayer on cold runs. That's about it.
            Bottom: - 1 pair Brooks tights/pants for very cold days (like now until about April Cry ) - 1 pair Nike lighter tights/pants - 1 pair Nike waterproof pants (not really running but when it is very very very cold, they do help over the tights but I don't wear very often) - 3 pairs shorts Feet: - lots of sport socks of varying thicknesses Top: - 2 sleeveless tops so I don't get a farmer's tan Smile - 2 sports bra type thingies for really, really hot days - 4 long sleeve wicking tops - bought 3, 1 from a race - 3 short sleeve wicking tops - given 1, 2 from races - 2 long-sleeve turtleneck base layers for very cold days (see note above) - 1 thick long sleeve top for coldish days - 1 Nike winter running jacket (best buy ever!) - 1 reflector running jacket - 1 pair wicking gloves - 1 pair fleece gloves to go over wicking gloves for very cold days (see note above) - hat, headband, flashing light, water belts, rubber cleat thingies for shoes

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Member Since 2008

I personally don't have an inventory, but I can tell you I have by far more running clothes than I do any other type of clothing. It takes up 3/4's of my closet and two dresser drawers.

#artbydmcbride

1 drawer of shorts, tights, running skirts 1 drawer of tops; short sleeves, singlets, long sleeves 1 drawer of socks, gaiters, underwear. 2 jackets 7 hats 4 pairs of gloves 2 pairs of regular running shoes 1 pair racing flats 1 pair of trail shoes 5 pair *retired* shoes

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

1 drawer of shorts, tights, running skirts 1 drawer of tops; short sleeves, singlets, long sleeves 1 drawer of socks, gaiters, underwear. 2 jackets 7 hats 4 pairs of gloves 2 pairs of regular running shoes 1 pair racing flats 1 pair of trail shoes 5 pair *retired* shoes
                  I don't have flats, but that looks a LOT like my list. I also have a few fleece tops (full zip and half zip) and a pair of wind pants.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It would be like inventorying RoadrunnerSports for me to even try to count everything. What can I say? I like my "stuff"!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I noticed a lot of you have just one pair of tights for really cold weather. How often would you wash them? I'm thinking of buying some tights for the cold weeks ahead, but I'm not sure how many to buy. Seeing as how they can be expensive, the fewer the better.
                        2 pairs of generic baggy shorts for the summer 1 pair of tights for fall / spring 1 pair of track pants 1 pair of all purpose lined waterproof pants 2 tech base layers 3 short sleeve tech shirts 2 long sleeve tech shirts 1 warm chilly 1 light windproof / water resistant nylon pullover I run outdoors year round and have never strayed from some combination of the above. The only exception is if I run at night while wearing the pullover I will throw a bright yellow cotton tank over the top so the cars have something to aim at.
                        And who am I anyway?
                        Just another fat jogger, evidently.
                          I noticed a lot of you have just one pair of tights for really cold weather. How often would you wash them? I'm thinking of buying some tights for the cold weeks ahead, but I'm not sure how many to buy. Seeing as how they can be expensive, the fewer the better.
                          I run in my winter tights about 4 times a week and wash them maybe once. I've been wearing 2 layers underneath so they don't really get even damp/sweaty. I had some salt on them the other day which I got off quickly. Also, the weather has been so frigid here I hardly break a sweat anyway. Sad Best thing that's worked for me is a wicking base layer turtleneck. I have two and they keep me toasty warm and wash/dry quickly. Clothing worn over top doesn't get much wear or sweat.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

A quick inventory of my stuff revealed -3 Pairs of running shoes (I normally rotate two or three pairs - just happen to have three right now) -2 Pairs of running tights (mostly because I have one pair from 20 years ago and upgraded them this year) -5 Running shorts (various lengths - I like the short ones but my family keeps buying me the long ones) -5 pairs or running sox -TONS of short sleeved T-shirts - wouldn't even consider counting them -2 short sleeved - UA shirts -1 nylon wind jacket/wind pants -1 lined wind jacket/wind pants (don't need this very often) -3 long sleeved shirts -1 head band (Stocking hats are too hot when I run) -2 pairs of gloves (one light ones but occassionally its really cold and I need warmer gloves)

Champions are made when no one is watching

Go Pre!

This is the most ridiculous thread ever.
                                This is the most ridiculous thread ever.
                                Agreed. Wardrobe PR, anyone?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?