Ear sweat - seriously? (Read 2952 times)

Ceara

Does anyone ever have this issue? My ears are pretty sensitive to cold and wind, so at this time of year I start running with a headband that covers my ears (usually with a baseball type cap, so it's truly attractive). And I run with music, so I have ear buds in. I think my ears sweat (!?!), and the sweat can't evaporate because of all the stuff in the way, and now I can often hear liquid sloshing around in my ear. Am I just insane? Mockery will not be surprising.....
      I know exactly what you mean. This summer I did my long runs around 9 or 10 am and by the end my ear bud covers (those little foam covers) would be sloshing. Your not crazy.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, I'm a sweat machine. In the Winter I get that, too. Icko. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

That's hot.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Ceara

Yes, there's nothing like a little ear-sweat to make a girl feel ultra-sexy. Or maybe you were referring to temperature... Tongue In all seriousness, though, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! My husband thinks I'm nuts. So, there's nothing to be done about this, eh? Just slosh my way through the winter. I guess it could be worse!

Just slosh my way through the winter. I guess it could be worse!
              Did someone just say my name? Euewwee! Ear Sweat? Slosh on.
              Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
                I got it too. I have sweat everywhere. The back of my neck is usually the worst. I love it when it "rains" off my ball cap. That's hot!

- Anya

JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got it too. I have sweat everywhere. The back of my neck is usually the worst. I love it when it "rains" off my ball cap. That's hot!
                    I like when it drips off my hair and for a minute I wonder if it's raining. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

I have never noticed ear sweat until lately - as its getting dark earlier, I have been going to the Y and running on treadmills every now and then and notice that when I run hard on a TM, I sweat more and it seems that I have a lot of ear sweat..........this seem to be a new thing as Im running a little harder then I used to, so I sweat more....but only appears to happend when in doors on the TM. This thread makes me feel better - I thought this was some weird thing that was happening only to me........ Roll eyes

Champions are made when no one is watching

Ceara

Hey, if sweating helps get rid of toxins, think how clean our ears, etc must be getting! Now we know that ears must have sweat glands, there are lots of us out there sweating away, and that there's a silver lining. It's a good day. Cool
                        wjosephbaker

RunningEsq.

Mine gets so bad when I am on the mill, that my headphones start wigging out to the point that I have to have the volume all the way up and can barely hear them. I just thought I was strange. Yes
                          Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Mine gets so bad when I am on the mill, that my headphones start wigging out to the point that I have to have the volume all the way up and can barely hear them. I just thought I was strange. Yes
                            Same problem here. Total PITA. Nice to know I'm not alone, I guess. Confused

TRUST THE PROCESS

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I SWEAR by the Sennheiser sport headphones (mx 75). They are awesome in pouring rain and dripping sweat.

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I always thought it was just head sweat leaking in around my ear-buds and getting trapped there. Now, I'm not so sure. Weird...

Roads were made for journeys...