Jelly Belly Sport Beans (Read 1099 times)

I've tried the PowerBar gel packs too and they're not TOO bad....Kind of an odd flavor though... Tight lipped
    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
    PWL

Has been

The blueberry ones are definitely the best.
      Wait...what? Where are you finding blueberry?! I can never find anything other than fruit punch and lemon-lime. I want blueberry! Surprised

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I LOVE the jelly beans. I used the Orange flavor in my last race and they were fantastic. I pinned them to the inside of the waistband of my shorts and I think my body heat warmed them up and made them soft and easy to chew. I timed it so I finished right before a water station to wash them down, b/c they can be a little salty. All in all, much much better than a gel. I just can't stomach gels or GU - something about the texture makes me do a throw-up-in-my-mouth kinda thing. Know what I mean? Tight lipped Sara
          Wait...what? Where are you finding blueberry?! I can never find anything other than fruit punch and lemon-lime. I want blueberry! Surprised
          My Target sells 'em as individual packs, for some reason it only carries the 5 pack in orange or lime. I've only bought the 5 packs so far, but since the berry flavor comes highly recommended I'll give 'em a try next time.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I just can't stomach gels or GU - something about the texture makes me do a throw-up-in-my-mouth kinda thing. Know what I mean? Tight lipped Sara
            Yes, as a matter of fact I do know what you mean...There's "something" about the gels that's not quite right...
            "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
            seeEricaRun

Awesome

I've tried the PowerBar gel packs too and they're not TOO bad....Kind of an odd flavor though... Tight lipped
              I dunno, I've always found the Powerbar gels to be the worst of the bunch - the texture doesn't sit right with me. The best was the Apple-Cinnamon Karb-boom, hands down (it even had little tiny chunks of apple!), but they've become impossible to find. They reminded me of that canned apple-pie filling (which would probably work fine, actually, maybe I'll just start buying that instead). The runner up (for me) is the vanilla Gu, but I wouldn't actually say I like it.