Tell me how you've HTFU'd lately (Read 2844 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love that you Americans think he's a comedian Big grin Big grin Big grin
    Ronnie Johns is the Comedian...Chopper Reid actually scares me TFU from the things I've heard. Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I love that you Americans think he's a comedian Big grin Big grin Big grin
      Did not know this: (from Wiki): "A character named Chopper Read recently featured in several sketches on The Ronnie Johns Half Hour. Some of these sketches, such as Harden The Fuck Up! have gained a kind of cult following amongst Chopper fans in Australia and across the world. Chopper was portrayed by Heath Franklin." So nothing directly to do with the real Chopper Read, ex-criminal and crime novelist.
      obiebyke

Back to the original question. Sorry to de-hijack, or whatever you would call it, but I'm a bit proud. Today I did my week 5, day 3 run for the C25K, and I ran the farthest and for the longest without walking that I have ever run in my life. Ever. Yes

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Beatin' on the Rock

Back to the original question. Sorry to de-hijack, or whatever you would call it, but I'm a bit proud. Today I did my week 5, day 3 run for the C25K, and I ran the farthest and for the longest without walking that I have ever run in my life. Ever. Yes
          COOL BEANS!!! Big grin
          Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

did is currently out on his mt. bike with a windchill of -7º. I'm planning to go do ~4 miles a little later...windchill is expected to be a few degrees colder by then. W00T! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In another month you'll be looking back after easily running at least 3 miles non-stop...I guarantee it! Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

In another month you'll be looking back after easily running at least 3 miles non-stop...I guarantee it! Smile
                Well, I wouldn't GUARANTEE it, because there are those people, like me, who took longer to get to 3 miles on the C25k program. I wouldn't want anyone to get discouraged if they are NOT there in another month. I hit a plateau and had a hard time getting past running 30 minutes for awhile. The good news is that I was able to eventually, and now can do 5.5 miles. CONGRATS, Obie, on your longest run!! That is really wonderful. Keep up the great work! Teresa
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, I wouldn't GUARANTEE it, because there are those people, like me, who took longer to get to 3 miles on the C25k program. I wouldn't want anyone to get discouraged if they are NOT there in another month. I hit a plateau and had a hard time getting past running 30 minutes for awhile. The good news is that I was able to eventually, and now can do 5.5 miles.
                  That's a good and valid point...I think when I finished C25k that I was doing about 2.5 miles in 30 minutes...but it won't be long before he sees a solid 3, I'm certain! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's a good and valid point...I think when I finished C25k that I was doing about 2.5 miles in 30 minutes...but it won't be long before he sees a solid 3, I'm certain! Big grin
                    Yep! Cool
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Windchill -8º. Coldest run I've ever done, but I could have stayed out for more than 3 miles were my left shoe not rubbing me the wrong way (hopefully once they are more broken-in they will fit better--until then, moleskin or duct tape on the spot should do the trick...otherwise I LOVE the traction those spikes provide and the warmth...would be a perfect shoe if I didn't have such relatively narrow heels compared to my forefoot). Also had balaclava designed for hunting, not active aerobic activity...hard to breathe with it over my mouth, but pulling it down dragged it over my eyes. Drivers and snowmobilers looked at me like this: Shocked I guess that's a sure sign that I was HTFUing! I was actually overheating in my layers. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah...I saw people running outside today along the Mississippi in Minneapolis (where actual air temps are below zero right now), and I was jealous of their HTFUing. I, however, did go to the YWCA and do a little cardio (elliptical and rowing machine) plus a pilates class. So I think that's pretty good, considering it's my "off" day. Tomorrow: dreadmill. I really don't like running outside unless it's above 15 degrees or so. Big grin Lauren
                          Also had balaclava designed for hunting, not active aerobic activity...hard to breathe with it over my mouth, but pulling it down dragged it over my eyes. Big grin
                          Hey zoom zoom.... The wifey and I went out for our first run in the snow (a rare thing here in the South). Instead of a balaclava we used "Buffs" which can be worn as a balaclava or in many other variations. Check them out! http://www.buffwear.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/1_5 (Their videos show some of the wearing variations - found under the Technical Link) Our temp was no where near as cold as yours, but it was nice to run in the stillness of a snowfall.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

http://www.buffwear.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/1_5 (Their videos show some of the wearing variations - found under the Technical Link)
                            Wow, those are seriously COOL! I'll bet DH would like one of those under his cycling helmet in the warmer months, too. Hmmm...we have Feb. Birthdays, I think I may be ordering at least 2 of those for timely birthday gifts. Thanks so much for posting that link...those really look perfect for face protection when it's really windy. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I got up 3 or 4 times last night to blow my stuffed nose. Wokeup this morning to a minor coughing spree. Checked the weather -13C, - 24 with the wind chill. Winds forecast to gust to 40 mph throughout the day snow coming this afternoon and into tommorrow. I didn't run yesterday because of my cold, The roads tommorrow could be in bad shape. There is noway I'm going to go 3 days without running, so I went out and had a terrible time but completed 14km at my normal training pace........although I felt like I raced it.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got up 3 or 4 times last night to blow my stuffed nose. Wokeup this morning to a minor coughing spree. Checked the weather -13C, - 24 with the wind chill. Winds forecast to gust to 40 mph throughout the day snow coming this afternoon and into tommorrow. I didn't run yesterday because of my cold, The roads tommorrow could be in bad shape. There is noway I'm going to go 3 days without running, so I went out and had a terrible time but completed 14km at my normal training pace........although I felt like I raced it.
                                That is some SERIOUS HTFUing! Nice work! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay