Best. Song. Ever. (Read 870 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm so glad somebody mentioned Meat Loaf before I did. Here's my guilty secret: if I could only have one album for the rest of my life, it'd be Bat Out of Hell. Paradise is awesome (and easily the greatest Karoeke song ever) ... but Bat is the greatest song ever.
    Bat out of Hell is awesome. And while I agree that "Paradise" is a good karaoke song, it's a little too lengthy. Unless it's done extremely well, it's a total mood killer, esp with the Phil Rizzutto section in the middle. But what do I know? My personal karaoke masterpiece is "Baby Got Back."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

But what do I know? My personal karaoke masterpiece is "Baby Got Back."
      I'd pay good money to see that.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

I'd pay good money to see that.
        Ok Jeff- so when is your next marathon? I am thinking maybe we need a RA get together with you as the entertainment.
        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But what do I know? My personal karaoke masterpiece is "Baby Got Back."
          You can sing that and my brother can sing his specialty: AC/DC's "Big Balls." Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I swore that I would love you to the end of time! So now I'm praying for the end of time
            IMHO the best.line.ever in a rock song. The dueling "Let me sleep on it/I gotta know right now" toward the end is genius. As for the song...great, but not the greatest. But if I'm driving, and getting drowsy, it's my amphetamine of choice.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Geoff Means

Wow - I'd forgotten all about Styx, I'm sure I've got an LP of their's somewhere... After talking to myself for far too long I came to the conclusion that my all time best song goes like this Whoa, let the sun beat down upon my face And stars to fill my dream I am a traveler of both time and space To be where I have been T' sit with elders of the gentle race This world has seldom seen Th' talk of days for which they sit and wait All will be revealed Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace Whose sounds caress my ear But not a word I heard could I relate The story was quite clear ...
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, my stars...how could I have forgotten this gem?! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Oh, my stars...how could I have forgotten this gem?! Evil grin
                  I'm soooo sorry I clicked on that link. Sad

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Muwahahahaha! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is this better...? Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Hard to top Stairway. Stairway to Heaven Live off of The Song Remains the Same rocks totally. I can't download it to my Ipod though. Rats! I love rediscovering old songs for that thing!

- Anya

Gotta TRI

Styx and Stones, Zep and such, all GREAT bands, but how could you possibly leave out THE BEST song of all time.... If I leave here tommorrow.. would you still remember me. Well I must be travellin on now, Cuz, there's too many places I've got to see If I stayed here with you girl well things just couldn't be the same. Cuz, I'm as free as a bird now and this bird you'll never change. Wo oh wo oh wo oh wo and this bird cannot change and this bird you cannot change Lord knows I can't change. By the by babe it's been a sweet love, yeah yeah and those are some feelings I can't change but please don't take it so badly cuz the lord knows I'm to blame If I stay here with you now things just couldn't be the same. Cuz I'm as free as a bird now. how bout you! and the bird they'll never change wo oh wo oh wo oh wo oh and the bird cannot change and the bird you cannot change Lord knows I can't change Lord help me I can't chaaaannnngge Lord I can't change Won't you fly high oh free bird yeah Followed by the BEST solo EVER Big grin
                          2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

FREE BIRD!!!

~ Sarah Kay

Is this better...? Smile
                              Please keep the forums civil...

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Please keep the forums civil...
                                Big grin

~ Sarah Kay