Best. Song. Ever. (Read 870 times)

JakeKnight

Shame on all of us for not coming up with this one. "Wish You Were Here" Pink Floyd
    Both Floyd songs would make my top 20 all time. But yeah - they're powerful stuff. The timing has to be right. It helps to, uh, be comfortably numb. Whereas you can always listen to a little George Michael any old time. Wake me up, before you go go, don't leave me hanging on ... I suddenly feel like dancing. In very small, very tight shorts.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Shame on all of us for not coming up with this one. "Wish You Were Here" Pink Floyd
      I don' t even think it's the best Floyd has to offer, heck, not even the best off that album, let alone best song ever. IMHO. Edited to add: Don't get me wrong, it's reallygood.
      Mishka-old log

Honestly, I'd say "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" is my favorite Floyd album. I think they were "The Pink Floyd" back then. Favorite Floyd song: "Jugband Blues"
        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Honestly, I'd say "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" is my favorite Floyd album. I think they were "The Pink Floyd" back then. Favorite Floyd song: "Jugband Blues"
          It amazes me the bredth of their style. Compare Obscured by Couds to Wish You Were Here. Listen to Free, Four (I swear that sounds like the Dave Clark 5) and follow it up with Absolutely Curtains. Also, so many of their albums are single works as opposed to a collection of songs. Right not, for me and what I got going on in life, it's Wish You Were Here. Like I said, DD loves it and we enjoy talking about it. Atom Heart Mother also tops the list. Poor Alan Parson's - he just never cashed in well on his works with Floyd.

Lazy idiot

Also, so many of their albums are single works as opposed to a collection of songs.
            Very, very true.

Tick tock

JakeKnight

Poor Alan Parson's - he just never cashed in well on his works with Floyd.
              But he had his own Project. Which brings to mind a song that might deserve a shot at the worst list.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Mishka-old log

Yes...too little of that today. Artists producing music for the iTunes single song download era. Two excellent examples of modern albums that accomplish this: Radiohead - Kid A The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium (funny name...great album)

Why is it sideways?

Any Talking Heads fans? "City of Dreams" "Once in a Lifetime" "And she was"
                    But he had his own Project. Which brings to mind a song that might deserve a shot at the worst list.
                    "Time"?

My legs are killing me

"Once in a Lifetime" is a GREAT song!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

YES! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm particularly fond of "Life During Wartime." Great song to run to, too.
                          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm particularly fond of "Life During Wartime." Great song to run to, too.
                            RT last month mentioned it and made a running tie-in. Great song, good article. It's crossed my mind more than once over the last week when it's been tough getting out of bed at 4:15

Life is Good

I'd have to say Knocking on Heavens door - Bob Dylan .) Mama take this badge from me I cant use it any more. Its getting dark to dark to see feels like I m knocking on heavens door. Ref.: knock knock knocking on heavens door knock knock knocking on heavens door knock knock knocking on heavens door knock knock knocking on heavens door 2.) Mama put my guns in the groundI cant shoot them any more That dark black gloud i comming down, feels like I m knocking on heavens door Ref.:knock knock knocking on heavens door knock knock knocking on heavens door knock knock knocking on heavens door knock knock knocking on heavens door

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Paradise is awesome (and easily the greatest Karoeke song ever)
                                Thanks to this thread, "Paradise" found its way onto my Dope Karaoke Groovz iPod playlist. As I drove in on my commute this morning and failed miserably at singing it well, I realized that Mr. Loaf has a much higher voice than I remembered, one not necessarily befitting a man of his Meaty stature. I do stand by my assertion that it's too long to be a great karaoke song, but it is fun. Maybe there should be a thread for best Karaoke songs. Or not.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.