2010 Goal of Sub 3:00 marathon (Read 8721 times)

Are we there yet?

I will hand the duties to someone else - 80-90% of the time it is a blast the other 10-20% a chore.  When I am really busy or I just don't give a shit about training, I hate coming on to a running board.

Overall it has been a joy ... Last year at this time Jim ask someone to take the reigns for 2010 - I jumped for the man and just started one for 2010

Next .... 

ok not everybody at once.. hehe

SeamusB

Hi, just found this board and have enjoyed reading it. I am going to be running the NYC marathon this year, trying for under 3:00.

I ran my first marathon 8 years ago in 3:09, so hopefully I can chop a little more than one minute off for each year since then.

This last month before the race I really need to get serious, so I want to log my runs here and hopefully use this community for inspiration.

Thx.

Took a halfway decent swing at it, but came up short in the final 10k.  Some dark miles in that stretch, but pretty happy with a seven minute PR of 3:02:25

I'll be back in the 2011 thread, and hopefully I'll take another stab at it.  Best of luck to everyone racing tomorrow!

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

kcam

Way to go BadDawg.  That ain't a bad run.  Good luck on your next one.

Congratulations BadDawg, so close and a very very good time, nice run!

I'm looking forward to some great Chicago results later today.

Why is it sideways?

Good racing, everyone. I've got one week to go. This week I ran 76 miles in 10 runs.

One big (last) workout went well: 10 x mile w/60s rest, averaged about 5:25 for the whole thing.

It's cool that 76 miles feels like cutting back. I think I'm ready to go.

Feeling the growl again

I started the week with a nice case of jet lag.  Had a decent progression run despite.  Made the mistake of participating in a public service project, got a little over-aggressive on the bush planting and/or mulch shoveling.  Ended up with a stressed Achilles 2 days later.  I am not sure whether this will be the end of my marathon, or just the final insult on a truly poor month of preparation for my marathon.

Ah well.  Whenever the Achilles is up to it, I'll do my standard goal time prediction run and see where I'm at.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the results from this weekend.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Anxious to see those race results roll in!  Hope everyone ran well.  Seems like it might have been a tad warm (70 or so at the start, just shy of 80 by 10AM?) in Chicago this morning.  

In the meantime my training week -  75 miles in 7 runs including a 6X1600 Big run, 5K XC race, and 20mile long, easy run this morning.

I don't envy the Chicago runners today.  I ran 07 where temps got up to 86, and 08 where it got around 82.  Maybe because of the lake, the humidity always seems high when it gets into the 80s and with the pavement and buildings, it just seems to amplify it.  My hats off to anyone who makes the sub 3:00 list at Chicago today!

Week 2 into training for Houston 2011 for me.  67 miles in 7 runs.  Key workouts were a 6x400 @ 5K pace and 17 mile long run with 6 miles at MP today.  Shin pain under control.  After today's workout with 6:30's feeling good even in 75 degree temps, I feel like I'm starting to get back into my pre-injury shape.

2:59:28.  F*** YEAH!!!

chances141

Chaloo! -- Way to HTFU!  Congratulations. 

My race went okay. 3:03:04. Stuck to my plan through 22 -- was at 6:54 average pace for the race -- when I'd hoped to hit another gear. It wasn't there. A couple of hills and some late morning heat produced a medium fade the last four to keep sub-3 at bay.

However! I placed 7th out of a field of 260, and got the Masters award -- I was the first "old" guy! WTF?

Mixed feelings about it all. But I'm happy.  

And CIM on 12/5 isn't full yet.  Hmmmmmm. . . . 

Effin' ay right! Awesome!

Are we there yet?

That had to feel amazing.. way to dominate and persevere - verb (used without object) 1. to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly.

tenacity

Congratulations Chaloo- Amazing. As for me- I'm not sure, yet. The Garmin said 3:00:01 when I stopped it just after finishing. Wringing hands and waiting for the official chip time. Not completely sure the timing mats were working as designed out there 'cause the live results were kind of weird. Geez.

Very happy for you.

Well done!!  Can't wait to hear the race report!