Bay to Breakers bans Alcohol, Floats, and Nudity (Read 1118 times)

AnneCA

From the official website:
    RESTRICTIONS (updated for 2009) For everyone's safety and enjoyment NO ALCOHOL, WHEELED OBJECTS or NUDITY will be allowed.
    I was actually planning on running it this year (first time), but if I can't do it nude while pushing a keg on a dolly, I'm not sure I see the point. Clowning around I'm not quite sure I get ING's announcement. Was it previously permitted to run down the street naked with an open container? I assume it was not, but was tolerated for the event. And the people who get to make the decision about tolerating it or not are the police, not ING. If ING is trying to help the police by discouraging this activity, I think this may backfire on them. Much discussion here: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?blogid=55&entry_id=35704
      From the official website: I was actually planning on running it this year (first time), but if I can't do it nude while pushing a keg on a dolly, I'm not sure I see the point. Clowning around
      I was in training specifically for this event...now I'm just going home - take off my clothes, drink a beer (or 2) and forget about this race.....Shocked Shocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

Half Fanatic #846

I was in training specifically for this event...now I'm just going home - take off put on my clothes, drink a beer (or 2) and forget about this race.....Shocked Shocked
        fixed Big grin

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Jazz hands!

I suspect this will not make a huge difference. Bay to Breakers is totally on my bucket list, by the way.
          run run run AHHHHHH run run run
          mikeymike

I believe this is what they refer to as Covering Your Ass. ING is after all an insurance company.

Runners run

From the official website: I was actually planning on running it this year (first time), but if I can't do it nude while pushing a keg on a dolly, I'm not sure I see the point. Clowning around I'm not quite sure I get ING's announcement. Was it previously permitted to run down the street naked with an open container? I assume it was not, but was tolerated for the event. And the people who get to make the decision about tolerating it or not are the police, not ING. If ING is trying to help the police by discouraging this activity, I think this may backfire on them. Much discussion here: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?blogid=55&entry_id=35704
              I think they have been trying to ban nudes these last few years but they don't strictly enforce the ban. I saw a few nude people last year.
                you could always wear a g-string made of flowers and push a tracked dolly holding your hooka as you puff away on dope. then you would violate none of the rules. just keep the headphones at home.

#artbydmcbride

Body paint and beer in a camelbak...I am already in training!

Runners run

Jazz hands!

Body paint and beer in a camelbak...I am already in training!
                    Dude. Road trip?!?
                    run run run AHHHHHH run run run

#artbydmcbride

Dude. Road trip?!?
                      Big grin We totally should!

Runners run

Meh, $5 is $5...

How can they claim it's for everyone's enjoyment when alcohol and nudity are removed? They've killed hopes of a naked beer 12K. I suppose you could wear a strategically placed sock but it may chafe if it's cotton so make sure it's coolmax. Still not sure how you deal with the flop. Stuff like this makes me miss the Bay Area.

Menace to Sobriety

holding your hooka as you puff away on dope
                          dope?? does anyone call it dope anymore?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

xor

Fat Albert taught me that "dope is for dopes... drugs are for dummies... and if you mess around with them then brother, it isn't funny..."

Imminent Catastrophe

dope?? does anyone call it dope anymore?
                              To paraphrase Jeff Spicoli: "Hey, we started Bay to Breakers because those other races were bogus. If ING takes over and bans nudity and alcohol, then, pronto-we'll be bogus too! Get it?"

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Queen of 3rd Place

Yeah, they tried this before. I think my favorite EVER was the dance floor, complete with disco ball, music, and taps coming out the side, pushed by maybe a dozen people. I saw it go up the hill, still wonder what down was like.

Ex runner