Who would you want to do a long run with? (Read 1035 times)

That would be a great run....er, walk! I just went to see him Thursday. Very inspiring, upbeat and seems like an extremely down to earth guy. He's lived through some pretty wild stuff!
    I ran a few miles with him last summer through an event w/ my running store. He signed his book for me and wrote HTFU on my shirt. Book is indeed inspiring. And grounding. He seemed like a real decent, down-to-earth guy the few miles I spent with him. Not so much into stretching, btw. Why some people end up going through hell, I will never know.

Menace to Sobriety

Ben Franklin FWIW: If I remember correctly, C Walken started in show biz as a dancer.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

xor

And he'd rip your heart out with his jazz hands.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ick...reminds me of Tilda Swinton...that biotch gives me major heebie jeebies:

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Kara Goucher here.
            If I could keep up with her at any distance at all, that would be pretty fabulous. And unlikely.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

That would be a great run....er, walk! I just went to see him (Dick Beardsley) Thursday. Very inspiring, upbeat and seems like an extremely down to earth guy. He's lived through some pretty wild stuff!
              Just saw him last Wednesday. What a story. Would like to do a long run with Darwin.
              March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
              Gig

Ben Franklin FWIW: If I remember correctly, C Walken started in show biz as a dancer.
                I remember him talking about tap lessons when he was a kid in Queens, NY. He said that all the boys took tap, and the girls took ballet. I think he mentioned another famous actor who was in his tap classes, but I forget who that might have been. I'll choose Albert Einstein. I think the conversation would be incredibly interesting, plus I can imagin that watching Einstein run would be kinda funny. In the real world, though, there are some RAers I'd love to run with some day.

You'll ruin your knees!

From the no longer with us... Paul Gibson - (from SI Roundup of the Week: June 2, 1975) DIED: Professional track competitor and former football player PAUL GIBSON, 26, from injuries resulting from an auto accident; in El Paso, Texas. Winner of the 1970 NCAA high hurdles title while at UTEP, Gibson played one game as a wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers before signing with ITA last year. Ran regularly and competitively against Edwin Moses and Rod Milburn. He was my cousin and a danged good runner. From the with us... It'd be a real kick to run long with Kooky, Zoomy, John England (early/infrequent RA poster), Bernie (once known as fat man running), and Eric. Also, if I am ever in Boston, I'd like to run with the masshole, we'd talk about daughters.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

From the with us... It'd be a real kick to run long with Kooky, Zoomy, John England (early/infrequent RA poster), Bernie (once known as fat man running), and Eric. Also, if I am ever in Boston, I'd like to run with the masshole, we'd talk about daughters.
                    You guys would have to promise to run really slow so I can keep up wit ya's... Big grin Has anyone ever heard from Bernie? Last I remember he was back saying his cancer was once again in remission and that he felt good, then he disappeared. I often wonder if he's still OK. Confused

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Has anyone ever heard from Bernie? Last I remember he was back saying his cancer was once again in remission and that he felt good, then he disappeared. I often wonder if he's still OK. Confused
                      Well, after our long run, I could give him a swift kick to check in here... would love to hear something... Undecided

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in full drag. I would, of course, dress-up, too. Magenta, maybe.

12-week layoff

My husband. We've never trained for a half at the same time...and one of us has to stay home with the kid. One day, a few years from now, I hope to run long with the kid AND my husband. The kid is 7 now, and has expressed an interest. I've taken her running, and she's up to a mile now. Or johnny dep. Or pre.

Imminent Catastrophe

Phedippedes. The dude that started it all.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Prince of Fatness

I would welcome a run with family or friends I guess. I run by myself mostly so I never gave it much thought. There's plenty of people on RA that I'd be happy to share a run with, too.

Not at it at all. 

Zoom Zoom and Sr. Lopez and Trent if he's not mean to me.
                                2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.