How much sleep do YOU get? (Read 716 times)

protoplasm72

I get 7 - 7.5 hours pretty consistently. Any less and it's hard to wake up and run (I still do but I'm not happy about it).

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I feel best on 9, decent on 8, passable on 7. 7 is what I usually get. I should be in bed right now, as a matter of fact. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

I have kids aged 20mths and 4weeks..... What is this fabled "sleep" that you all talk about?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

5 hours slept last night 5 miles run this morning. 5 months since the last baby was born.

Otium cum dignitate

Since my three kids clearly think sleep is not entirely necessary, and since as a result of this I'm pretty sure I haven't slept since my oldest was born 6 years ago (an exaggeration, but only slightly Embarrassed ), I have learned to live by the credo: "sleep is for the weak". Sometimes I think it's a wonder I'm able to run , at all.

Good feedback everyone... I know I need to try to get more. It's tough with warm weather, kids end up staying up later...then it's me and the wife time...then its sports on TV at bedtime. There is always something to watch...Red Sox, NBA playoffs (seems to last for 6 months).. Tour de France will be starting soon...then the Olympics... My new goal will be to get 7 hrs/nite, especially since I keep trying to add miles.
              Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
                I have learned to live by the credo: "sleep is for the weak".
                My favorite is "plenty of time to sleep when you're dead".

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I aim for 8 - go to bed at 10 and get up at 6. But, I really don't sleep well anymore and am usually awake every 2-3 hours all night long.

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I get 7.5 and could get 8.5 on mornings I don't run, but getting up at 5 a.m. to run has pretty much messed up my body clock. So when I can "sleep in" I still find myself peeking at the alarm clock from 4:50 a.m. onward - ugh!
                    ~ Fly ~
                    Only as much as I dream can I be.
                    veggies on the run
                      On average I get around 6 hours of sleep a night. Usual bedtime is 11:30 or 12:00 and I'm up at 6:00 or 6:15. Give or take some days. If I get more than 6 hours of sleep I feel groggy all day long.

Michelle

Giants Fan

9 hours for me! I've noticed since I've upped my mileage a week, I really need my sleep. CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

not enough - I would love to get 6 -7 hrs consistently

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

i would liek to get 8, but usually get 6.

~Sara
                            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

I usually get about 7 hours, but feel best on 8 or even 9. I like my sleep!
                              -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.
                                8-9 hours would be great for me. I usually get around 7.5, but I am always tired. Always. BTW I also have a 2 1/2 yr old so I'm greatful for any sleep I get.